In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Health Information Management Technician
CareSouth Medical and Dental
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Work Setting: Ambulatory Care
Job Function: Release of Information Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
CareSouth is a private non-profit Federally Qualified Health Center that provides a comprehensive range of community-based medical, dental and behavioral health services. Our health center is guided by a consumer-majority volunteer board of directors whose mission is to provide comprehensive, affordable, high quality health care with compassion and respect for all.
Our experienced team provides a broad range of medical, dental, and behavioral health services at our main location in Baton Rouge and in satellite clinics located in Donaldsonville, Plaquemine, and Zachary, Louisiana. CareSouth also provides onsite behavioral services in two Charter USA Foundation schools.
CareSouth is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Level 2 Patient-Centered Medical Home. CareSouth originally launched in 1997 as Capitol City Family Health Center (CCFHC), which it operated under until changing its name in April, 2016 to be more inclusive of the communities we serve.
- Serves as the custodian of records and HIPAA Privacy Contact Person.
- Maintains a working knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations; disseminate information as appropriate and be able to apply them to day-to-day operations.
- Maintains working knowledge of LA Medical Records laws.
- Oversees, manages, and ensures the maintenance and organization of medical records per organizational policies and procedures.
- Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient related information.
- Responsible for coordinating, processing and managing the release of medical information to patients, insurance companies, lawyers, state, federal agencies., etc.
- Responsible for processing of subpoenas and court orders.
- Responsible for coordinating, processing and managing patient form (i.e., disability, home health, etc.) completion requests and payment.
- Ensures that all requests for records are stamped with date received and logged.
- Handles record requests via phone, fax and mail and responds to requests for medical records, providing copies according to organizational policy and procedure.
- Audits clinical records of active patients as directed by the Quality Department for compliance with accepted professional and legal standards.
- Maintains Correspondence and Medical Records Tracking Log
- Prepares and provides monthly reports (i.e., dashboard) of medical records activities and performance.
- Fosters positive interpersonal relationships with other staff members.
- Practices effective teamwork.
- Orients staff on medical records processes, policies and procedures as needed.
- Maintains adequate coverage of service.
- Follows federal, state, and local policies, procedures and programs relating to health and safety in the workplace.
- Ensures compliance with the Quality Assurance/Improvement Plan.
- Maintains confidentiality of workplace information according to the policies and procedures of the center.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Monitors medical Records fax drive for incoming faxes and distributes to appropriate department.
- Assists with scanning forms completed by the provider into patients’ charts.
- Able to work independently and self-direct work tasks
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Visual acuity – always.
- Hand – eye coordination – always.
- Work is primarily sedentary. Large amounts of time may be spent using a PC and MIS application.
- Lifting approximately 10-15 lbs, Pushing, Pulling – sometimes.
- Stooping, Bending, Sitting, Standing – sometimes.
- Walking- frequent; short distances.
- Must be capable of standing on a step stool and reaching above head and shoulder area.
- Indoor, environmentally controlled.
- Exposure to disease or infections.
- Exposure to artificial and/or natural light.
- Experience in Medical Records management, operations and request processing experience preferred.
- Experience utilizing Word, PowerPoint and Excel and an electronic medical records system.
- Knowledge of medical records procedures and laws. Intermediate knowledge of HIPAA privacy rule and medical terminology.
- Strong team-based, results oriented, analytical and problem-solving skills s must.
- Knowledge of healthcare laws, regulations, and standards.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to organize, prioritize and work independently as well as schedule and produce work in a timely manner.
- Able to travel amongst CareSouth sites, if needed.
Applicant is required to have a high school diploma. Associate degree and/or certification (i.e. RHIA, RHIT) preferred.
Apply Online: https://caresouth.isolvedhire.com/jobs/628808.html
Posted: June 20, 2022 at 6:04 PM
Post ID: 69569