In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Coordinator – Health Information Systems Management (Bilingual Spanish Preferred)
WellPower (formerly Mental Health Center of Denver)
Location: Hybrid – In Office Denver & Remote, Colorado
Work Setting: Behavioral/Mental Health
Job Function: HIM Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $24.04/hr – $24.23/hr + $2.50 language differential
EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: WellPower provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: WellPower values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
COMMITMENT TO PAY EQUITY: WellPower is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious/faith-based exemption is required for employment/internships with WellPower. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated (that is, at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen) and provide proof, or have an approved medical or religious/faith-based exemption, within their first three (3) days of employment. Information on how to request an exemption will be provided at the time of offer.
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs defined procedures within the Health Information Systems Management (HISM) department to maintain the lifecycle workflow of health records. Functions both independently and as a team member by training to all department procedures. Assists in leading workflow development related to HISM functions. Adheres to and enforces WellPower’s policies and regulatory compliance under state and federal laws and regulations governing confidentiality, privacy, & security of medical, mental health, and substance use disorder protected health information. Collaborates with and supports Quality Systems and HISM Management in administration of HISM improvement processes and day-to-day functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain the lifecycle of the health record, in paper and electronic formats: creation, distribution, processing, organization, storage, retrieval and disposition.
- Identify and document projects and procedures that require quality improvement, updates or revisions, and provide input to team and management to maintain HISM goals, standards, and benchmarks.
- Perform imaging tasks (document preparation, scanning, indexing, and quality verification) in conformance with procedures. Collaborate with the HISM Manager and/or IS (Information Systems) and external imaging vendor for reporting and resolution of issues.
- Assist internal staff in locating records, documents, and managing information requests. Exercise authority by communicating with staff on compliance, regulatory requirements, or procedural issues regarding the health record or electronic health record.
- Perform quality and verification audits and reports as requested for compliance monitoring. Develop reports and data compilations for team reviews and external auditors.
- Facilitate, as needed, new employee training on privacy and confidentiality of protected health information or monthly new employee training on HISM functions.
- Provide general administrative support for office operations.
- Maintain an inclusive environment that is strengths-based, recovery and resilience-oriented, trauma-informed, anti-racist, and supports the health and wellbeing of everyone.
- Performs other duties, tasks, projects as assigned to meet changing business conditions and priorities.
PRINCIPLE CONTACTS: Interfaces with supervisors, administrative staff, clinical, and other staff members for the purpose of obtaining information for system requirements and exchanging information regarding projects. External contacts include entities that request records, i.e., people served, other healthcare providers, attorneys, and judicial institutions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct supervision. As a subject matter expert may be appointed as a point person of a process and procedure.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone, scanning machine, and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. Ability to lift up to 45 pounds. Ability to operate office equipment and troubleshoot malfunction problems. Able to bend, climb, and stoop to move charts and records from filing cabinets and shelves. Hearing and vision acuity to view computer screens and read hand-written documents. Must have own transportation and be able to travel to sites. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORK SETTING: May require occasional evening hours. Work includes hybrid schedule with 2-3 days on-site and 2-3 days remote/virtual, including occasional travel to various WellPower buildings. Must be flexible in changing work environment to meet department needs.
EXPERIENCE: 2 to 4 years of work experience in an office environment or health care setting. Experience in behavioral health setting preferred. Experience in operating office equipment, proficient computer skills, and working knowledge of desktop office suites/software. Background in quality improvement or project management helpful.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Working knowledge of relevant state and federal laws and regulations related to health record management and protected health information preferred, including but not limited to HIPAA, 42 CFR part 2, Title 25 Parts 8 and 12, and Title 27 Behavioral Health.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to research problems and follow-through.
- Able to provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external contacts, including clinical staff, legal offices and attorneys, and the people we serve.
- Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate trauma-informed principles and practices.
- Able to effectively and independently prioritize tasks and assignments.
- Able to multi-task and organize large volumes of electronic and paper data as well as requests for records.
- Able to utilize information technology (IT) such as Windows 10 operating systems, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, Adobe PDF, electronic databases, and scanning systems.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment and under the supervision of the HISM Manager. Communicates and resolves issues at an internal level effectively.
- Able to coach staff and co-workers in company policies in reference to records, clinical document management, and enforce policies governing privacy and security.
- Bilingual Spanish
EDUCATION: Associates Degree or minimum 3 years administrative services or information management. Courses in record-keeping or health records is helpful. Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification preferred.
BENEFITS STATEMENT: All full-time, benefits eligible employees will be eligible for WellPower’s benefits plan. For a full description of benefit offerings, please visit: WellPower is a Workplace of Choice
Instructions for Resume Submission
Apply Online: https://grnh.se/a9fce06a3us
Posted: June 14, 2022 at 5:50 PM
Post ID: 69500