In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Outpatient HB Coder (MN Residents Only) Remote
Location: Remote, Minnesota
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Come join a growing coding team! This opportunity is available as a remote role for Minnesota residents. Ridgeview is seeking an experienced Outpatient Coder. We are looking for someone who is talented and committed to come grow with us. We are supportive of our talent and offer work from home and flexible daytime schedules. If you hold current coding credentials through AAPC or AHIMA consider joining our coding team. Experience with EPIC is highly desirable.
Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for reviewing clinical documentation and charges for assignment of compliant, accurate and complete ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS codes and modifiers. The outpatient coders review/apply facility codes that detail the volume and intensity of hospital or health system resources used to deliver patient care, such as the use of medical equipment, medication, and nursing staff. Areas of focus will be facility Outpatient, ED, Wound, Same Day Surgery, Observation, Swing Bed, Home Health and Hospice. Legitimately and ethically optimize hospital services payment based on Official Coding Guidelines and NCCI guidelines with physician/department consultation when appropriate. Responsible for coding all Ridgeview locations including but not limited to critical access hospitals.
- Identifies, verifies, abstracts and translates medical record documentation to accurate and complete codes according to industry approved guidelines and department policies.
- Completes coding queues/tasks as assigned, maintaining a consistent level of productivity and accuracy.
- Maintain accurate coding-related information in other platforms, which may include claims clearinghouse, practice management system and encoding software.
- Review and/or correct coding related denials.
- Participate in coder specific training and education. Maintain certification and continuing education hours.
- Attend mandatory training and on site meetings.
- Participate in and attend audit and education for physicians/clinicians and departments.
- Travel to and/or permanently work at a site within a clinic or hospital.
- Ability to work remotely after meeting and maintaining productivity and quality standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Coding Certification through AHIMA and/or AAPC
- Minimum 1-2 years of healthcare coding experience
- AAPC, AHIMA
- Experience using practice management system and clearinghouse
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills in order to identify, analyze, research and develop solutions for coding related issues and/or process improvement.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Apply online at www.ridgeviewmedical.org
Ridgeview is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Online: http://www.ridgeviewmedical.org
Posted: May 24, 2022 at 3:17 PM
Post ID: 69197