In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Office Assistant, LLC
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Work Setting: Non Provider Setting
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $18.00-22.00
The purpose of this position is to apply the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to individual patient medical encounters including surgical procedures. Must have working knowledge of standard coding, documentation, and regulations. Must have working knowledge of the differences between coding and billing practices.
- Abstracts pertinent information from patient records. Assigns ICD-10-CM, CPT, or HCPCS codes.
- Queries physicians and/or medical office staff when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
- Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements. Brings identified concerns to supervisor for resolution and ideas to support education of clients for appropriate documentation and reimbursement.
- Maintains current knowledge of all Medicare, Medicaid and health plan regulations and coding guidelines. Educates other coding and billing staff regarding changes to regulatory guidelines or coding practices.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and/or American Academy of Professional Coders and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- Review, correct or approval all coding denials for all office keys within 48 hours of receipt of denial.
- Develop monthly coding update memo to all clients and providers with pertinent coding and/or billing changes to ensure communication chain.
- Supports and assists with data entry, telephone queries, and other duties as may be assigned for the overall development and progression of the organization.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Minimum of successful completion of a coding certificate program in a program with AHIMA or AAPC approval status.
- May consider apprentice status certificate.
- Must have at least 1 year experience assigning ICD-10 CM, CPT and HCPCS codes to outpatient services.
- Must have proven strong background in coding and reimbursement methodologies, regulation and guidelines relative to different specialties.
- All credentials must be in current and in good standing with credentialing body.
- Must complete internal coding test with a score of 95% accuracy for all code assignments to be considered for the position.
- Preference will be given to professionals with at least 3 years outpatient coding experience.
- Preference will be given to certified coders with progressive coding experience and/or surgical coding background.
- Auditing experience.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Prefer Associates Degree or higher education.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Hospitalization Insurance
- 401(K) plus company match
- Personal Time Off
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Posted: May 13, 2022 at 11:01 AM
Post ID: 68952