In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Medical Records Technician
Air Force Civilian Services
Location: Fairfield, California
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Cancer Registrar
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $60,866-79,121
Come be a part of something big! Smart Minds, Cool Jobs and Awesome Rewards! Fueled by innovation, talent and ambition, the Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is seeking civilian professionals prepared to deploy war-winning capabilities on behalf of the United States Air Force.
The Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is looking for a Medical Records Technician (GS-0675-08) to work at David Grant Medical facility with the 60th Medical Group (MDG), Travis AFB, CA. In this position, you will operate the cancer registry for all patients diagnosed and/or treated at the 60th Medical Group and serve as the regional cancer registry for designated Air Force Medical Treatment Facilities (MTF’s).
This is full-time federal position that offers a rewarding and exciting career with exceptional pay and benefits! This position is being filled using direct hiring authorities and can close at any time. Apply Now!
Salary $60,866 – 79,121 per year
Duties and Responsibilities
– Establishes and maintains all registry files in accordance with accreditation requirements of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) and The Joint Commission.
– Develops and implements administrative procedures and processes necessary to audit, identify and review diagnosed cases.
– Establishes and distributes procedures for the receipt and maintenance of records, forms and materials from hospital departments and services while maintaining patient confidentiality.
– Obtains follow-up information for patients in the registry database.
– Uses multiple office automation software or computer system with varied functions to produce a wide range of documents, formats, etc.
– Performs research, community outreach, and professional education/staff support and quality improvement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
– Knowledge of medical coding processes, procedures, regulations, guidelines, and principles to complete routine and non-routine medical record examination and coding tasks related to the Cancer Surveillance Program.
– Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, disease processes, epidemiology, medical and surgical procedures, and medical terminology, including accepted medical abbreviations to perform coding, including surgical cases, diagnostic studies and procedures, and professional services encounters to develop and maintain the Cancer Registry.
– Knowledge of pharmacology, laboratory tests, and radiological procedures.
– Skill in examining and extracting written and numerical data from medical documentation, to draw conclusions based on factual documentary evidence to apply appropriate codes and identify documentation inconsistencies.
– Skill in typing; a qualified typist is required.
– Ability to utilize medical computer software programs to abstract, analyze, and/or evaluate clinical documentation and enter/edit diagnosis and procedure codes.
– US Citizenship is required
– The ability to type a minimum of 40 WPM.
– Must obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
– Employee maintains current Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) certification and meets other requirements of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS). Any registrar not currently certified shall complete annual educational requirements toward becoming a CTR until certification is obtained.
Air Force Civilian Service Benefits
– 11 Federal Holidays
– 13 Sick Leave days
– Based upon length of employment… Starts at 13 days and earn up to 26 days
– No Waiting Period to qualify for health insurance for you and your family
– Immediate coverage by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS), part of a three tiered systems which contains a Basic Benefits Plan, Social Security, and Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), similar to a 401(K)
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the federal government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for federal employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to E.O. 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine. More information on COVID-19 requirements may be found at: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/. (Last Updated: 24 Jan 2022)
Click the apply button to complete an application and upload resume (PDF or Word Doc) and/or additional documents (Transcripts, certifications, Vet Docs (DD214), SF-50).
To receive additional information about current and future job openings with AFCS via email notification, please register at www.Afciviliancareers.com and sign up to “Get Career Updates.”
Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. citizenship required. Must be of legal working age.
Posted: March 31, 2022 at 1:09 PM
Post ID: 67903