In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Program Director – Health Information Technology (Online)
Baker College Professional Services
Work Setting: Educational Institution
Job Function: Educator
Job Type: Full-Time
ABOUT BAKER COLLEGE:
Baker College is committed to helping those who are dedicated to creating a better future for themselves and the world around them. We’re looking for faculty and other campus employees who share a similar vision for their own lives. As a Baker College employee, you’ll be making a difference every single day by helping the next generation of professionals prepare for great careers. Together, we can make great things happen.
Please visit Baker.edu for more information. BakerProud!
DEI COUNCIL MISSION/VISION:
Baker College strives to ensure that all of our programs, institutional goals and events, and commitments are open to all constituencies of students, staff, faculty, community members, employees and participants. As an institution of higher learning committed to new knowledge and innovation, we understand that true excellence and attainment comes from the diversity of individuals who are fully a part of all of our institutional endeavors.
Please visit our DEI Page for more information.
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire an individual to be assigned to the position of PROGRAM DIRECTOR – HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (HIT) (FULL-TIME) for the benefit of and to be located at Baker College Online.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Program Director will be responsible for administration of all aspects of the Health Information Technology program, providing discipline-specific expertise, staffing, and maintaining an appropriate teaching load.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an annual teaching load according to Baker College’s Teaching and Workload Policy
- Schedule and staff program courses
- Develop and revise curriculum as needed
- Attend campus and system program meetings
- Advise students and participate in new student orientations
- Serve as the contact for the program; organize and lead program advisory board
- Establish and maintain CAHIIM accreditation requirements
- Prepare annual budget
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree required
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification required
- 3 years of work-related field experience
- 2 years of program leadership or management experience preferred.
- 2 years college-level teaching experience with online teaching experience required
- Accreditation background preferred
- Must have strong organizational and administrative skill set
- Must be computer-literate; highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be able to independently lift and maneuver up to 25 lbs.
COMPENSATION: Compensation based on education and existing rates for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc.
Full Benefit package
Instructions for Resume Submission
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please submit cover letter and resume via email only by April 18th, 2022 , in care of:
Baker College Professional Services, Inc.
Human Resource Department
Apply Online: https://www.baker.edu/about/get-to-know-us/careers/
Posted: March 29, 2022 at 3:03 PM
Post ID: 67817