In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Edwards County Medical Center
Location: Kinsley, Kansas
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Director/Privacy Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
The Director of Health Information Management (HIM) at Edwards County Medical Center shall provide support to all components of the health care facility and the various departments with respect to health information services.
The Director of HIM will be responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining the department in accordance with state and federal guidelines, accreditation standards.
Additionally, the position serves as a role model for ethical management behavior and promotes an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Behavior Standards of Edwards County Medical Center (ECMC).
HIM Director/Medical Staff Coordinator Directives
- Comply with the Code of Conduct and enforce Code of Conduct standards in the department, also abide by the AHIMA code of ethics.
- Direct health information management functions in all the hospital patient care departments.
- Assist in the development any Health Information Management Systems.
- Participate in the development of any HIM policies and procedures on release of information, confidentiality, information security and retrieval, and record retention.
- Provide education and training.
- Document and enforce oversee the enforcement of the HIM Policies and Procedures.
- Provide records for quality assurance/improvement to risk management and qualitative review by Medical Staff. May represent hospital in court cases involving subpoena of clinical records.
- Review and analyze patient records to ensure internal consistency and completeness.
9.. Inform Medical Staff regarding changes in rules, regulations, and notices from Medicare and Medicaid and explain the impact on patient services at ECMC.
- Cooperate with Medical Staff to Define standards for medical records and establish methods to ensure maintenance of these standards with input from the Medical Staff.
- Plan, develop, maintain, and operate a variety of health record indexes and storage and retrieval systems to collect, classify, store, and analyze records.
- Serve as hospital consultant on health information management issues to include release of information, confidentiality, information security, record retention, as well as authorship and authentication of health record documentation, standardization of medical language, and use of classification systems.
- Direct all coders (internally and externally) on the code and index diseases of all levels of care within the hospital and clinics per regulatory standards, and assure the coders abide by all rules, regulations, and ethical standards.
- Comply with department regulatory standards.
- Develop department budget and ensure that the department operates within budget.
- In conjunction with other department managers, coordinate the implementation of the Electronic Health Records process.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of the department’s Quality Program.
- Compile monthly statistical data per policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain the daily census.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Medical Staff Credentialing
1.Prepares Medical Staff Application packets, processes and files information for office. 2. Maintains filing system and confidential data.
- Oversees and participates in the preapplication and application processes to include research and analysis of all credential’s documentation per the Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and Credentialing Manual.
4.Upon receipt of completed application, verifies provided information as required by Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and Credentialing Manual.
- Process request for and monitors duration of temporary privileges in accordance with Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and Credentialing Manual.
- Independently initiates and follows through with credentialing process including provision review.
- Oversees and participates in the management of the reappointment process in a comprehensive, well-organized manner to include research, verification, and analysis of all reappointment documentation to assure the program objectives are accomplished.
- Follows up on any discrepancies, unclear information provided.
- Submits reappointment information with required credentialing proofs to appropriate governing bodies, ensuring quality issue information is available for review.
- Coordinates the information through the department chairs, Credentials Committee, Medical Executive Committee, and the Board of Directors.
- Attends all Medical Committee meetings. Prepares and distributes all agendas, takes and prepares minutes, and maintains original documentation in Medical Staff Office.
- Notifies medical staff members/hospital staff of medical staff/hospital committee meetings.
- Prepares and distributes monthly medical staff and hospital committee calendars.
- Drafts reports, letters and documents relating to medical staff.
HIPAA Privacy Officer
- Establish, coordinate, and lead the Privacy Oversight Committee.
- Perform privacy risk assessments and related compliance monitoring initiatives.
- Ensure that the CE maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality consent, authorization forms, and information notices and materials that reflect the CE’s policies and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee, direct, and deliver privacy training and orientation to all employees.
- Create and monitor BAAs to ensure that all BAs are maintaining privacy requirements and responsibilities.
- Establish a procedure to track access to PHI so that it can be reviewed during audits.
- Implement a process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating, and acting on all complaints concerning breaches in privacy policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all employees are acting in total compliance with privacy policies and procedures and deploy sanctions in the event of a breach.
- Work with all personnel involved in the release of PHI to ensure full coordination and cooperation under policies and procedures and federal HIPAA regulation.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state privacy laws and HIPAA regulations to ensure organizational compliance.
- Preferred licensure/certification: Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) OR Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).
- Experience: Two –three years experience in an acute care hospital or critical access hospital HIM department preferred. Two-three years experience with hospital ICD10 and CPT coding principles/guidelines. Position requires considerable assertiveness, independent decision-making, and excellent organizational and communication skills.
Edwards County Medical Center Benefits 2022
PTO time: Employees will receive accrued paid time off as listed on the PTO accrual policy.
Group Health Insurance: You may enroll yourself and family members in the group health insurance offered by the Hospital. ECMC covers a portion of the employee only plan as well as spouse, children and family plans. Our insurance provider is Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas.
Life Insurance: Employees will receive a Life Insurance policy provided by the Hospital which provides a death benefit equal to two times the employee’s annual salary. ECMC covers the cost of the plan. This plan is through Reliance.
Short & Long Term Disability: Employees will receive a Short-term disability policy and Long-term disability policy provided by the Hospital. See details. This plan is through Reliance.
Flexible Spending Account: Employees may enroll in a medical and dependent care plan. Surency manages this account.
KPERS: ECMC participates in the mandatory retirement plan, the Kansas Public Employees Retirement System. This plan includes a defined -benefit retirement plan, Long-term disability, and Life Insurance equal to one times your annual salary. Employees hired after 7/1/2009 will have 6% deducted from their paycheck on a pre-tax basis.
403(b) Retirement Plan: Employees may enroll in the defined contribution retirement plan. There is no company match. This plan is through One America.
Dental Insurance: You may enroll yourself and family members in the dental insurance plan offered by the Hospital. The employee is responsible for covering the cost of the plan. This is through Delta Dental.
Vision Insurance: You may enroll yourself and family members in the vision plan offered by the Hospital. The employee is responsible for covering the cost of the plan. This is through Vision Care Direct.
Wellness Center Membership: All ECMC employees and their immediate family members living in the same household will receive a free membership to the Wellness Center.
Other voluntary benefits include Aflac & Washington National options that are paid in full by the employee.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please e-mail your resume to HR – email@example.com
Posted: March 18, 2022 at 10:37 AM
Post ID: 67549