In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Coding Audit Response Specialist
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: Coding – Auditor
Job Type: Full-Time
The Coding Audit Response Specialist position responds to external and internal audits that include an assessment of ICD-10- CM/PCS, CPT or HCPCS codes and the accuracy of assignment for Novant Health Facilities as assigned by Corporate Coding Audit Response Lead. Audits will include but will not be limited to: coding audits, commercial payers, and CMS payers. Responses will be coordinated through the Audit Response Lead for all the applicable Novant Health facilities.
The Coding Audit Response Specialist will support the Corporate Coding Audit Response Lead/Coding Supervisor by proactively managing significant issues in coding (including corresponding communications and escalation paths). The Corporate Coding Audit Response Specialist will work closely with other members of the Corporate Coding Team in addressing issues related to accurate/timely coding, documentation, unbilled management and denials. This position will often work with multi-disciplinary teams in addressing issues related to coding and clinical documentation improvement operations.
This is a fully remote position, however at times, attendance onsite may be required as directed by Corporate Coding Leadership.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”.
- Education: High School Diploma Required.
- Experience: Minimum of five yrs experience in coding Required. Minimum of one (1) year experience auditing for DRG assignment or CPT/APC assignment and diagnosis coding accuracy Required.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Any of the following certifications: CCA, RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-A Required
- Additional Skills Required: Extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM and CPT coding principles and guidelines. Extensive knowledge of reimbursement systems. Extensive knowledge of federal, state, and payer-specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding and billing. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent analytical skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Must be detailoriented and analytical in nature; Medical Terminology, advanced level; Anatomy and Physiology, advanced level with laboratory experience; Advanced level coding courses ICD-10-CM and CPT-4. Must be able to work during times of unusually high volume and of unusual need as workload demands.
- Additional Skills Preferred: Computer skills in databases, data entry experience with SoftMed and 3M Encoder software. Experience working in remote environment.
Posted: March 17, 2022 at 5:12 PM
Post ID: 67537