In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
IP Coder III
Work Setting: Hospital, Other
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Benefits & Perks
Full-Time flexible 40 hours work week. Fully remote position
Earned Time Off (ETO) starting day one
AHIMA/AAPC CEU opportunities
Access to a full-time education team
Flexible spending accounts
Life & disability insurance
Retirement with employer match
Opportunity to earn referral bonuses of up to $5,000 per hire for certain positions
Sign on bonus up to $5,000, based on experience
- The Inpatient Coder III position is the senior expert Inpatient DRG coder responsible for timely and accurate coding of the more complicated inpatient records and has been trained to code all Inpatient patient records. The Inpatient Coder III position has expert knowledge on all coding guidelines and MS-DRG reimbursement. As an expert DRG Coder, this position will also act as a mentor to less experienced coders. The Inpatient Coder III is responsible for reviewing and analyzing documentation present in the medical record for Inpatient cases to assign ICD 10 CM diagnoses and ICD 10 PCS procedures based on the documentation in the medical record. The Inpatient Coder III has expert knowledge on all coding guidelines and MS-DRG reimbursement and Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association.
- Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Required: Completion of Coding Program
- Required: Must have one of the following certifications RHIT/RHIA/CCS/CIC and must score 90% on the Internal Proficiency Exam OR must have 5 years of inpatient coder experience and a score of at least 90% on the Internal Coder Proficiency Exam
- Must have the analytical ability to interpret data contained in medical records and assign appropriate codes for accurate reimbursement.
- Expert knowledge in ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS (Inpatient Coding) classification systems
- Expert knowledge of DRG reimbursement.
- Expert knowledge of POA and HAC assignments.
- Ability to work under high production standards and minimal supervision due to tenure in Inpatient coding.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and concepts effectively.
- Demonstrates competency with use of computers and various computer programs.
- Visual acuity necessary to read and decipher handwriting and electronic documentation.
- Required: One of the following credentials: AHIMA: RHIT, RHIA, or CCS OR AAPC: CIC
Posted: March 17, 2022 at 12:07 PM
Post ID: 67532