In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Medical Records Coding Clerk
Cherry County Hospital
Location: Valentine, Nebraska
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: TBD
Cherry County Hospital is a 21 bed, critical access facility, located in beautiful, Valentine, Nebraska! We employ nearly 160 team members at Cherry County and offer a full-range of services. We offer FREE medical, dental, vision insurance to team members. In addition, we offer a retirement plan, long and short-term disability, paid time off and more! Our team members say Cherry County truly feels like family. Check out our employment page for more information!
The Medical Records Clerk is responsible for a variety of tasks including complete analysis and filing of all medical records, accurately coding all patient encounters, processing record releases in accordance with hospital, state and federal guidelines, submitting precertifications and compiling statistical data.
Essential Job Duties:
• Completes clerical duties including answering phones, responding to emails and processing patient information
• File all patient medical records and information
• Scanning medical records and other information in to the electronic records system
• Ensure patient charts, paperwork and reports are accurate, completed in a timely manner
• Notes deficiencies to be completed by providers and other professionals
• Ensure all medical records are protected and kept confidential
• Complete birth certificates
• Compiles statistical reports and assists in maintaining logs as required by hospital policy or state and federal regulations
• Process requests for medical records made through the organization, patients and affiliates per hospital policy
• Maintains medical staff appointment files per hospital policy
• Precertification of patient admissions and procedures as needed
• Assign codes to diagnoses and procedures using ICD (International Classification of Diseases) and CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) codes
• Ensure that all ICD Diagnosis Codes and CPT Codes are assigned correctly and sequences appropriately as per government and insurance regulations and current coding guidelines
• Assist the billing department with claim denials related to diagnosis or procedure coding
• Must be knowledgeable of state and federal confidentiality laws, including but not limited to HIPAA, and be familiar with and follow all policies, procedures and instructions regarding the privacy and security of protected health information applicable to the position.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong organizational skills
• Effective telephone skills
• Ability to be professional and courteous with internal and external customers at all times, including under stress
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with all departments within the facility
• Ability to prioritize
• Willingness to learn and take on new challenges, roles and duties
• High School graduate or the equivalent
• Completion of medical terminology course preferred
• Prior experience with medical coding or willingness to complete a medical coding course within one year of hire
Completion of medical terminology course preferred
High school graduate or equivalent
TBD based on experience, no less than $1/hr5 and going up from there, based on experience and knowledge level.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please email resume to Jennifer Smith at email@example.com
Apply Online: http://cherrycountyhospital.org
Posted: March 10, 2022 at 10:41 AM
Post ID: 67338