In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
HIM Data Integrity Analyst, FT, Days
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Work Setting: Non Provider Setting
Job Function: HIM Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
As South Carolina’s largest private, non-profit healthcare system, and second-largest private company, we are here to create a better state of health for South Carolinians. Prisma Health is inspired to help people live their healthiest lives. As the most comprehensive integrated healthcare system in South Carolina, we’re on a journey to transform the healthcare experience for our patients and their families.
That’s why our team members are dedicated to living our purpose: Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
This position will review, analyze and resolve problems/errors concerning patient identity and duplicate medical record number(s) within clinical and financial systems to maintain the integrity of the Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI). Validates all chart corrections in EMPI, source systems, and downstream systems to ensure accurate and complete data that includes a single identifier for each patient registered and zero tolerance for medical record overlays. This position is responsible for ensuring the information exchanged between patient portals and health information exchanges are accurate and consistent. Supports testing, pilot projects and development of system enhancements, connections, and best practices. Collaborates and provides education within and outside the department.
- Maintains the Master Patient Index to support patient identity, billing/financial records and all health systems. Interacts with other departments to provide each patient with one unique Patient Identifier as the Medical Record Number (MRN). Involved with the testing of project/software enhancements. – 20%
- Monitors and maintains accuracy and completeness of the Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI) and ProviderHIE, in the hospital and ambulatory information systems. – 20%
- Works to resolve medical record number issues, discrepancies and notify the appropriate manager when specific users are identified as creating a high number of duplicate medical records by verifying and eliminating duplicate patient records. Revises demographic information when appropriate. – 20%
- Validation of chart corrections: Contact Moves, Name Corrections, Merging Duplicate Records, Unmerging Non-Duplicate Records. Review, remove and transfer individual information to the correct electronic medical record. – 10%
- Assists Privacy Officer with Privacy/Security and Identity Theft audits. – 10%
- Performs established quantitative/qualitative work standards to meet departmental goals and objectives and industry best practices. – 10%
- Collaborates with and provides education and training to HIM, Access Management and other departments as appropriate. – 5%
- Assists with EMPI testing for systems changes, updates and new connections to Prisma Health network. – 5%
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive.
Education – Associate degree in Health Information or related field required
Experience -Three to five years of relevant work experience to include EHR experience in a healthcare environment such as Patient Access, Information Systems, Business Office, or Health Information Management. Experience with Cerner or other electronic healthcare record preferred. Must have experience in data entry, keyboarding.
RHIT or RHIA preferred
Other Required Skills/Experience
Must have a thorough understanding of HIM and healthcare financial/clinical systems. Must be competent in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel. Requires analytical skills as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment of diverse disciplines. Advanced communication skills in order to communicate effectively with internal and external customers. Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks. Ability to accurately pass assessments.
Posted: March 1, 2022 at 1:29 PM
Post ID: 67104