In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Kempsville Center for Behavioral Health
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Work Setting: Behavioral/Mental Health
Job Function: HIM Specialist
Job Type: Part-Time
One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has an annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 90,000 employees, and through its subsidiaries, operates more than 400 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin islands, and the United Kingdom.
Reporting to the Director of Health Information Management, the HIM Clerk performs a full spectrum of administrative duties by ensuring the overall efficiency and ease of operations. Additional duties and responsibilities include:
1. Sorts patient’s clinical/medical information alphabetically, chronolgically, and by unit; files information in the clinical records per compay guidelines.
2. Copies reports and prepares information for mailing/faxing, in accordan ce with release of information company policies and procedures.
3. Assembles and analyzes discharded patients’ records.
4. Processes release of information request.; determines authenticity of request, from internal and external areas.
5. Processes Subpoena Duces tecum, according to department policy and state/federal regulations; reports subpoenas, and follows up with Director of HIM.
6. Answers inquires, viae email/phone, and provides information to requestors.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating the schedules of staffing, as determined by defined standards; experience within a healthcare setting strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism, when handling any and all matters of elevated importance.
- A minimum of 2 years of healthcare office experience in a administrative capacity strongly preferred; substitution of extensive experience in the healthcare field may substitute for 2 years of healthcare office experience.
- Advanced skill in the use of computer systems and software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel) preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple competing task, with minimum supervision, and take initiative on matters of revolving urgency.
High school diploma or its equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities; minimum of Associates degree preferred.
Posted: December 21, 2021 at 7:37 PM
Post ID: 65087