Find a Job
Conway Medical Center
Location: Conway, South Carolina
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coding Supervisor/Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Conway Medical Center is a 210-bed acute care community hospital system located in the beautiful coastal Myrtle Beach, South Carolina region where we enjoy the sand and the sun all year. The quality of living for every stage of life is uncomplicated and welcoming from the beach to the farm. CMC welcomes staff from all over the world; some grew up vacationing in the Myrtle Beach area and others are first time residents discovering the low country style of living. And to ensure you have the opportunity for work/life balance, we institute innovative staff scheduling to maximize work/life balance. CMC offers very competitive wages with experience credit, and a comprehensive employee benefit plan.
The Coding Supervisor (CS) will assist the Director and Assistant Director with projects related to on-going coding and billing compliance. The CS will review unbilled accounts, perform coding and billing compliance audits, and assist in the development of performance improvement initiatives related to coding and billing compliance. The CS will serve as a backup coding specialist using ICD and CPT and specialized medical classification software to assign procedure and diagnosis codes. The CS will also review accounts to ensure that assigned codes meet required legal and insurance rules and that required signatures and authorizations are in place prior to submission. The CS is an experienced and well educated coder that will work towards serving as a department training preceptor and “go-to” individual when others need assistance.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience using ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 in a hospital setting required.
- Previous leadership experience in coding preferred.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with nursing colleagues, physicians, and department heads.
- Exemplary core customer service skills strongly required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Strong PC skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Stress level high due to multiple demands frequently occurring simultaneously.
- Physical surroundings generally pleasant and comfortable.
- Generally contained office type environment.
- Most work performed while sitting, however, a moderate amount of walking and moving around within a confined area occurs.
- Qualified as a Lead Coding Specialist in one of three ways required:
- Associates degree as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or;
- Bachelor’s degree as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or;
- Certified Coding Specialist by an accredited certifying agency.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Click link below to apply online:
Apply Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/cmcsc#/job/5141
Posted: November 22, 2021 at 4:30 PM
Post ID: 64563