Find a Job
HIM Inpatient Coder
Location: Minnesota/Wisconsin, Remote
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $45k – $74k
* Classification of diagnosis and procedures according to approved classification and nomenclatures such as ICD-9, CPT, Snomed, etc.
* Maintaining the security and integrity of health information;
* Providing documentation tools/services such as dictation, transcription, electronic templates, scribes, and paper forms;
* Collection, quality control, and dissemination of data for comparative data bases and statistical reports including specific disease and procedure registries;
* Providing access to medical record information through release of information processes.
Responsible for the accurate assignment of diagnosis and procedure codes using International Classification of Disease (ICD), coding to the highest degree of severity, including the assignment of present on admission. Uses provider clarification query forms as needed. Collects additional clinical data elements and inputs into hospital database.
* Demonstrated experience working with medical providers and allied health professionals preferred.
* 4+ years experience as a coding specialist with solid understanding of the International Classification of Diseases for inpatient or outpatient services.
* Pediatric experience is a plus.
* Requires advanced knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology and disease processes, and pharmacology.
* Requires knowledge of DRG and APC prospective payment systems and reimbursement regulations in an acute care environment.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently.
* Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and maintain attention to detail in order to meet customer expectations.
* Demonstrated strong desire to learn.
Children’s Minnesota requires proof of COVID-19 vaccine, and as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), immunity to vaccine preventable infectious diseases, prior to employment.
Children’s Minnesota is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
* Registration as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or certification as a Coding Specialist required. (eg.-CPC/CCS/CCS-P)
* Must demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in ICD-10-CM/PCS.
* Must achieve passing score on Children’s Core Coding Competency Assessment.
$45k – $74k per year. Great benefits package.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please log onto Children’s MN link provide in the apply online section and follow instructions.
Posted: November 9, 2021 at 3:56 PM
Post ID: 64264