Find a Job
Mary Lanning Healthcare
Location: Hastings, Nebraska
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $18.11-$27.16
This position abstracts clinical information; translates medical documentation into diagnoses and procedural codes while utilizing currently accepted coding and classification systems.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Adheres to Mary Lanning Healthcare’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Adheres to Mary Lanning Healthcare’s Standards of Behavior.
- Performs inpatient coding
- Abstracts clinical information; translates medical documentation into diagnoses and procedural codes while utilizing currently accepted coding and classification systems.
- Sequences codes according to established guidelines
- Thoroughly analyzes and interprets medical information, medical diagnoses, coding/classification systems, to ensure accuracy for prospective payment system reimbursement.
- Conducts training for physicians/staff on coding and or documentation practices.
EXPERIENCE: REQUIRED: Minumum five years coding exerience. Cross trained in multiple areas of professional/outpatient coding
EDUCATION: REQUIRED: GED or High School Diploma
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Required: Coder must be certified in two of the following certifications: Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Outpatient Coder (COC), Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), or equivalent coding certification
EDUCATION: PREFERRED: Associate Degree: Coding or Medical Field
Hourly position: $18.11-$27.16, wages are set based on years of related work experience.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please complete an online application! https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/mlmh#/job/3481
Apply Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/mlmh#/job/3481
Posted: November 8, 2021 at 4:33 PM
Post ID: 64234