Find a Job
Accounts Receivables Specialist
Location: Hibbing, Minnesota
Work Setting: Ambulatory Care, Hospital
Job Function: Patient Accounts
Job Type: Part-Time
Fairview Range is seeking a detail-oriented Accounts Receivables Specialist to join our Healthline Billing Department in Hibbing, MN. The Accounts Receivables Specialist receives and posts to all individual accounts all payments and contractual allowances from all sources. Calculates, verifies, and posts all correlated adjustments to patient accounts. Balances daily Fairview Range receivables. This position is part time, 40-71 hours per two weeks. 8-hour day shifts and no weekends. Sign on bonus available!
Fairview Range is an affiliate of M Health Fairview, a partnership of Fairview Health Services, the University of Minnesota, and M Physicians. Together, we offer access to breakthrough medical research and specialty expertise as part of a continuum of care that reaches all ages and health needs. The most comprehensive health care network in northeastern Minnesota, Fairview Range includes Fairview Range Medical Center, Fairview Mesaba Clinics (with locations in Hibbing, Nashwauk, and Mountain Iron), Fairview Range Home Care and Hospice, and Fairview Transportation Services.
- Records, receipts, verifies and posts in computer all payments received, preparing supporting documentation for accounting.
- Calculates adjustments, contractual allowances and excess payments by third party payors as required by various payor contracts, posting appropriately to patient account or miscellaneous adjustment accounts.
- Maintains working papers and supporting documentation for all cashiering related accounting functions. Maintains proper documentation for auditing purposes.
- Posting payments via Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA).
- Minimum 3 years experience in accounting or health insurance claims processing
- AA or AS degree in Business or Accounting
- Medical terminology
- Computer experience and verifiable 10-key ability at 170 keystrokes/minute with 90% accuracy
- AAHAM CRCS-I/CRCS-P Certification must be obtained within 2 years of employment
Posted: November 5, 2021 at 4:09 PM
Post ID: 64173