Find a Job
Supervisor of Coding
Location: Hibbing, Minnesota
Work Setting: Ambulatory Care, Hospital
Job Function: Coding Supervisor/Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Fairview Range is looking for a Supervisor of Coding to join our team in Hibbing, MN. The Supervisor of Coding supervises and directs inpatient and outpatient coding staff and data entry functions, and ensures coding accuracy and timeliness to achieve maximum coding reimbursement and minimum rework. The Supervisor assists with data requests and works closely with ancillary and medical staff to assure documentation meets coding requirements.
Fairview Range is an affiliate of M Health Fairview, a partnership of Fairview Health Services, the University of Minnesota, and M Physicians. Together, we offer access to breakthrough medical research and specialty expertise as part of a continuum of care that reaches all ages and health needs. The most comprehensive health care network in northeastern Minnesota, Fairview Range includes Fairview Range Medical Center, Fairview Mesaba Clinics (with locations in Hibbing, Nashwauk, and Mountain Iron), Fairview Range Home Care and Hospice, and Fairview Transportation Services.
• Reviews coding performance and effects changes as needed to improve services, simplify workflow, and assure compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Coordinates group interviews, completes performance appraisals, orientation process, counsels staff members, takes part in disciplinary action as necessary.
• Assures coding policies and procedures are current and updated as necessary to meet federal, state, Medicare, The Joint Commission, and other statutory requirements.
• Assists in identifying and coordinating education sessions for ancillary staff and physicians to meet coding documentation requirements.
• Reviews and qualitatively analyzes the content of each medical record and assigns diagnosis and procedure codes according to the established procedure for coding with ICD-10 and CPT.
• Tracks and reviews employee productivity on a timely basis.
• Coordinates with hospital and region with quality improvement activities/projects.
• Prepares and recommends coding budget and ensures budget remains within guidelines.
RHIS, RHIT, CCS/CCS-p, CPC, or CPC-H
Healthcare coding and supervisory/management experience in a multi-hospital/clinic organization.
Minimum of 3 years current coding experience with strong knowledge of anatomy/physiology and medical terminology.
1 to 3 years of past supervisory/management experience.
Must be proficient with ICD-10-CM and CPT.
RHIA or RHIT
5 of more years of coding experience.
3 to 5 years of past supervisory/management experience.
Epic and 3M or Optum Coding Software experience.
AA or AAS Degree in Coding or HIM/Billing or related field required.
Bachelor’s Degree in HIM preferred.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please apply online through our website.
Posted: November 3, 2021 at 5:08 PM
Post ID: 64118