Find a Job
Location: Baton Rouge/Lafayette, Remote
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: Reimbursement/ Billing Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
Experienced full-time Medical Billing & Coding Specialist needed for busy neuromonitoring practice. Knowledge of insurance payers and benefit plans and minimum of 2 years experience required. Must be familiar with electronic health record systems.
• Responsible for timely submission of professional medical claims to insurance companies
• Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness
• Prepare, review and transmit claims • Follow up on unpaid claims, including research and appeals
• Ensure insurance payments are accurate
• Call insurance companies regarding payment discrepancies
• Handle patient phone calls.
High school diploma and knowledge of insurance guidelines required. Qualified candidates must possess excellent time management and organizational skills. Must be able to multi-task. Must carry out these duties in a professional and courteous manner while maintaining patient confidentiality.
Job Type: Full-time Pay: $12.00 – $17.00 per hour, Bonuses
• Paid time off
Insurance benefits TBD
• Day shift • Monday to Friday
Experience: • ICD-10: 1 year (Preferred) • Medical billing & coding: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Remotely: • Yes with periodic in-person meetings
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please email resumes to Chrystal Stelly, CNIM, RHIA.
Posted: October 29, 2021 at 10:47 AM
Post ID: 63941