Find a Job
HI, Release Info, Specialist
Boys Town National Research Hospital
Location: Boys Town, Nebraska
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $14-19 hourly
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary: In a career as a Health Information, Release Info Specialist, you join us in changing the way America cares for children and families. Under the direction of the Manager of Health Information, the Health Information Release of Information Specialist responds to requests for release of patient health information ensuring compliance with all regulatory standards including HIPAA and hospital policy. Requests for release of patient health information shall be processed accurately and timely. Requests shall be entered into correspondence management software upon both receipt and completion of the request for information.
Schedule: Full Time, Monday- Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm. Location: Boys Town Nation Research Hospital -East and West HIM.
- Enters all requests for patient information into Correspondence software or the patient’s electronic medical record based on how the request was presented to BTNRH (In person, fax, mail, email, or phone.)
- Requests for information received shall be reviewed to determine if the authorization is valid and in compliance with all regulatory standards including HIPAA. When a signed authorization is required, it must be properly completed and signed by the patient or the patient’s legal guardian or personal representative.
- Processes the request for information based on the requested information by researching where the patient information can be found. (NextGen, Clinicals, Audman, Roach, or paper medical records, etc.) Once it is determined what information will be disclosed and what systems it will be disclosed from, the medical information will be provided in the format requested by the patient or requestor (paper, fax, email, disk, portal, etc.). Selection of the medical records to be disclosed will abide by HIPAA’s minimum necessary requirement.
- Attention to detail in responding to a request for information shall be adhered to by ensuring that the correct patient is selected, an accurate selection of the requested records to be released and a properly completed authorization when applicable.
- Upon completion of processing the request for information, the remaining information in the correspondence management software must be updated to reflect what was released, in what format and to whom it was released, along with any required requests that are billed.
- Maintains a high rate of compliance in processing requests for information within 15 days of receipt. Effectively prioritizes all fax, mail, patient portal, CCDA and phone requests for information based on the requestor and use of the information.
- Follows up on outstanding invoices.
- Reviews and follows up on the daily unprocessed requests for information.
- Responds to tasks assigned to the Release of Information (ROI) group. Processes the request in the same manner as described above. ROI tasks should be completed within one business day unless the request cannot be processed due to incomplete documentation by the provider.
- Scans and indexes incoming requests for information into NextGen.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- High school diploma or the equivalent required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a Health Information Department, hospital or doctor’s office, with knowledge of medical record practices and HIPAA regulations as it applies to medical record disclosures, preferred.
- Must be able to type 30 wpm and possess a working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must have above average communication and human relations skills to deal effectively with all levels of staff, patients, and outside professionals such as physicians, attorneys, insurance companies, school administrators, and must exercise mature judgment.
- Must have the ability to perform office duties, follow instructions, pay attention to detail, organize, problem solve, work in a team environment, adapt to change, and assume responsibility for accuracy and timeliness.
- High school diploma or the equivalent required
Paid vacation and sick time
Health, dental, vision insurance and Rx
401k and 6% match
Professional development opportunities
Free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under Boys Town Medical Plan
Instructions for Resume Submission
Apply online at jobs.boystown.org
Posted: October 14, 2021 at 9:43 AM
Post ID: 63455