Find a Job
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $58,000-$70,000
We are working with a facility on the West Coast that is looking for experienced Inpatient Coders to join their team. This position is contract (180 days) to direct hire. The facility’s intention is to hire directly after 180 days, so only serious inquiries please. The position will be held during the contract period and will only be released should the contractor decide to not move forward with going permanenet with the facility. This is a remote position, HOWEVER, candidates must reside in one fo the following states, per HR: Z, CO, FL, IA, IL, KY, MI, ME, MO, MS, NV, OK, SC, TN, TX, WI, UT, VA.
Under the direction of the Coding Supervisor, the Coder III assigns diagnostic and procedure codes to patient medical records. Must have extensive Acute Inpatient coding experience, in multiple areas of specialty. Position is specialized to code inpatient cases, and be able to code a variety of other patient types. Maintains coding productivity and quality benchmarks as prescribed by the Coding Policy and Procedures of the client
- Must possess knowledge of ICD-10-CM, PCS, CPT/ HCPCS; Severity of Illness and Risk of Mortality codes; and to Query the Physicians, as appropriate.
- Must have knowledge of and be able to code all types of inpatient specialties including: Moms/Babes, Burns (Adult and Peds), Step Down, Med Onc, Nicu, Picu, Behavrioal Health, Peds, MICU, SICU, Surgircal Trauma and IDU.
- Must be able to achieve and maintain appropriate coding quality and productivity established in the Coding department policy and procedure.
- Must have a strong understanding of computer applications and of automated encoder system.
- Must have knowledge of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, surgical terminology, pharmacological terminology, patient care documentation terminology.
- Must have the analytical ability necessary to interpret data contained in records and to assign appropriate codes.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Requires the ability to work well independently and demonstrate independent decision making abilities.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Epic and 3M 360 Encompass
There will be a coding test (passing score is 85% in all areas);
Coding is not just DRG accuracy; it’s 95% or better in all areas of the coding; Z codes matter
States Approved: AZ, CO, FL, IA, IL, KY, MI, ME, MO, MS, NV, OK, SC, TN, TX, WI, UT, VA
Schedule: M-F and 1 needs to work on Sunday and can do either Sun-Thurs or 4 10 hour shifts Sun-Wed; They facility is on PST
Must have AHIMA certification (RHIA, RHIT or CCS)
Must have at least 3-5 years of Inpatient coding experience at a large Trauma Level I and Teaching.
Salary Range: $58,000-$70,000
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and schedule me to call you at most convenient time.
Posted: October 12, 2021 at 4:09 PM
Post ID: 63405