Find a Job
Release of Health Information (ROI) Specialist
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
Work Setting: Non Provider Setting
Job Function: Release of Information Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
BayCare Clinic is seeking a Release of Health Information (ROI) Specialist to assist in our Corporate Office in downtown Green Bay, Wisconsin. This position is responsible for processing the release of health information requests in a timely and efficient manner while ensuring accuracy and compliance with regulations and standards. The person in this position must be able to work collaboratively with all departments across the organization including Clinic practice sites.
The hours for this position are Monday to Friday between 8:30am – 5pm, 40 hours per week.
Description of Duties:
- Receives and identifies the type of request for release of patient health information. Reviews and ascertains the correct patient and investigates questionable patient health information.
- Validates and certifies requests for patient health information insuring they meet compliance standards and patient authorization. Contacts patients and/or employers to obtain appropriate authorizations.
- Verify the release of health information, and verifies the accuracy and appropriateness of scanned documents and health information provided based on the type of request. Ensure all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, policies, and State and Federal/ HIPAA regulations and guidelines.
- Reviews appropriate patient encounter, finds and reviews appropriate patient health information insuring it is correctly documented, obtains signatures as necessary, records and/or scans appropriate information to the encounter, and continuously documents encounter updates. Continually monitors and tracks the forms completion process.
- Scans/files patient information and documentation to the appropriate location of the health information record. Retrieves health information records/documents from various departments and clinic areas, and delivers/forwards to appropriate areas as needed.
- Generates and monitors reports for leaders which may include release of information, billing, forms completion, disclosure, narrative reports, etc.
- Serves as a resource in answering patient, provider, and employee questions/concerns relating to requests for health information.
- May distribute, collect, and deposit fees/cash for forms completion, copies of medical information, and/or patient narratives. May generate invoices, post payments and provide refunds.
- Performs quality checks of scanned images to assure accuracy of the release, confidentiality, proper invoicing, and makes corrections according to department policy.
- Performs clerical functions which may include: answering telephone calls, copying, faxing, completing/processing forms, documenting for care management, distributing mail, and/or ordering/delivering department or facility supplies.
- Respects and maintains confidentiality.
- Works in a safe, compliant and ethical manner at all times.
- Completion of health information management or healthcare business program preferred.
- One year experience in medical office environment desired.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of HIPAA confidentiality regulations.
- Ability to read and comprehend healthcare terminology.
- Ability to understand and become knowledgeable of release of information standards, policies, procedures, and HIPAA regulations.
- Intermediate computer skills including proficient keyboarding skills and experience in using Microsoft Office products, electronic mail and/or electronic health information records systems.
- Must have the ability to comprehend and follow instructions.
- Must have high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, problem-solve, and make decisions with good judgment.
BayCare Clinic offers a full benefit package including medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, FSA and HSA options and 401k.
Instructions for Resume Submission
If you are interested in apply for the Release of Health Information (ROI) Specialist position with BayCare Clinic, please navigate to https://baycare.applicantstack.com/x/apply-staffopp/a23vzuj0meab
Posted: October 4, 2021 at 3:43 PM
Post ID: 63266