Find a Job
Manager-Health Information & Management
Location: Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Fort HealthCare, in Fort Atkinson, WI, located 30-miles east of Madison and 60-miles west of Milwaukee, is an integrated acute care hospital and health system that attracts patients throughout southeastern Wisconsin. Fort Memorial Hospital is a modern, fully accredited, acute care facility with 82 licensed beds. More than 100 physicians are on staff. Fort Medical Group, a subsidiary of Fort HealthCare, currently employs more than 60 physicians, advanced practitioners, and other healthcare providers. Fort Medical Group clinics offering primary and surgical specialty care is located in Fort Atkinson, Cambridge, Johnson Creek, Jefferson, Lake Mills and Whitewater. Other services offered by Fort HealthCare include occupational medicine, rehabilitation and sports medicine, wound care, urgent care, a preferred provider network for employers known as FortCare and more. Fort HealthCare is a partner in the University of Wisconsin Cancer Center at Johnson Creek and in the Advanced Pain Management clinic in Fort Atkinson. Most major health insurance products are accepted. For more information, please go to http://www.forthealthcare.com.
Fort HealthCare is proud to be recognized by Modern Healthcare, a national health care publication, as one of the “Best Places to Work” as well as being named an 11-time award winner of the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel Top Workplace award for Southeastern Wisconsin.
Fort HealthCare seeks a full-time Manager-Health Information Management. This position directs and oversees all activities and staff in HIM Department and maintains the professional standards of the department. Responsibilities include:
1. Selects, hires, trains and supervises all department employees.
2. Reviews and evaluates departmental policies, procedures and work methods, making changes as necessary, to ensure that hospital objectives and cost-effectiveness measures are maximized.
3. Develops department strategic, financial and operational goals and objectives in conjunction with the Director, Revenue Cycle.
4. Develops departmental operating and capital budgets.
5. Develops and carries out quality assurance and risk management plans.
6. Approves staff schedules to maximize operational goals. Develops and implements SMART Goals for HIM Department and assists HIM Operations Coordinator and Coding Coordinator with their area-specific SMART goals.
7. Ensures the coding staffing, workflows, processes and technologies are performing at optimum levels to achieve > 95% accuracy standards for all diagnoses and procedures in accordance with standard coding practices.
8. Maintains the integrity of the EHR for all inpatients, ED patients, outpatients and clinic patients to ensure their completeness, accuracy, timeliness and fulfills all federal, state and TJC regulatory and audit requirements.
9. Supervises the reporting of cancer cases as required by the State Department of Health.
10. Serves as an ex-officio and standing member on medical staff/hospital committees as required by TJC standards.
11. Maintains health records, notifications (ADT), responses to requests as required under HIPAA, state and federal entities.
12. Attends management information meetings.
13. Maintains the integrity of the EHR and monitors role-based access via P2 Sentinel auditing tools; attends ISPC meetings as a member of the security team.
14. Abides by department and hospital rules, policies and procedures, and implements same among departmental staff.
Prior experience with Electronic and Hybrid Health Records; working knowledge of legal health records, release of personal health records, HIPAA, (privacy and security), State of WI Privacy Statutes and The Joint Commission; ability to lead staff and work closely with Director of Revenue Cycle; Fully comprehend medical terminology; mathematical, analytical and planning skills necessary to prepare operating and capital budgets, and to analyze statistics (good math skills); ability to provide training and leadership to staff; ability to maintain confidentiality of patient records; ability to effectively communicate with HIM employees, other hospital staff and physicians, patients and visitors, regulatory agencies, insurance companies and various agencies requesting patient medical information.
Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred. RHIA and AHIMA certification, three (3) years management experience in HIM.
Highly competitive rate and benefits!
Apply Online: http://www.forthealthcare.com/careers/
Posted: September 22, 2021 at 4:25 PM
Post ID: 63089