Find a Job
Health Information Professional Coding Educator
Southern Illinois Healthcare
Location: Carbondale, Remote
Work Setting: Physician Office
Job Function: Educator
Job Type: Full-Time
Responsible for educating physicians and mid-level providers on assigning appropriate Evaluation and Management codes for their services. Also serve as an educational liaison for professional Coding staff.
- Serves as an educator for Southern Illinois Medical Service (SIMS) physicians and providers on appropriate coding practices.
- Completes initial training on Evaluation and Management CPT code selection for new providers.
- Monitors code assignment by providers on an ongoing basis to identify educational needs and provide said education.
- Monitors continuing education needs for department/coders, assists in selecting appropriate educational material, and provides education as needed.
- Collaborates with Practice Managers to reach providers in the most effective manner.
RHIA, RHIT, CCS, or CPC certification required
Physician practice management or provider education experience required
Extensive knowledge and application of CPT/HCPCS codes and modifiers required
Knowledge of health information management practices and federal and state healthcare regulations required
Previous experience with Epic Professional Billing valued and appreciated.
Associate degree in Health Information Technology or Bachelor degree in Health Information Management or Healthcare Management preferred
Competitive Benefit Package include paid time off and health insurance.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please attach resume to when applying on-line.
Posted: September 20, 2021 at 1:11 PM
Post ID: 63043