Find a Job
Remote Outpatient Same Day Surgery Coder
Work Setting: Consultant/Vendor
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
The Medical Coding Specialist, Outpatient Surgery – Remote
The Medical Coding Specialist, Outpatient Surgery is responsible for accurately abstracting data into appropriate client electronic medical record systems, following the Official ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS Guidelines for Coding, AMA CPT Guidelines, and CMS directives. Performs data entry of required abstracted patient information into the client’s information system. Queries physicians when appropriate and interacts with Clinical Documentation staff as per account requirements. Maintains consistent coding accuracy rate of 95% or better while also meeting productivity standards.
Only resumes / CVs that reflect the requirements of this job will be considered. Please review and apply for our other job openings here: https://careers-intellisiq.icims.com/jobs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assigns appropriate ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS codes and modifiers to outpatient surgery accounts as per designated workflow
- Abstracts and enters coded data and/or charges for hospital statistical and reporting requirements
- Queries physicians to clarify conflicting, imprecise, incomplete, ambiguous, and/or inconsistent clinical information when appropriate
- Communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues to appropriate personnel for follow up and resolution
- Communicates with Clinical Documentation Improvement and/or Revenue Cycle teams for follow up and reconciliation of accounts
- Maintains required productivity and quality requirements
- Maintains coding credential requirements
- Candidate must possess an approved AHIMA or AAPC coding credential
- Minimum 3 years’ coding experience required, Trauma Level 1 and Academic Teaching facility experience preferred
KEY SUCCESS ATTRIBUTES:
- Demonstrates strong collaboration skills
- Has strong analytic and problem-solving abilities and techniques
- Exhibit consistent initiative with strong drive for results and success
- Demonstrate commitment to a team environment
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal as well as well-developed written, verbal, and presentation communication skills including deep listening and attention to detail
- Ability to self-motivate and self-direct
- Possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Commitment and adherence to company Core Values
- High level of integrity & ethical judgement
- Consistency and Reliability
- Meeting Standards
We offer an excellent salary, full benefits package including 401(k) with company match and discretionary profit sharing, group medical, dental, vision, life, & short-term disability insurance, and PTO policy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Sitting, talking, hearing and near vision are required over 90% of the time, while walking is required frequently throughout the day. Standing is required over 10% of the time. Feeling is required 90% of the time and reaching is required about 50% of the time. Bending, twisting and climbing are required, as in far vision, but only for 10% or less of the time. Low levels of lifting (10 pounds of less) is required about 25% of the time, while medium levels (20 to 40 pounds) of lifting and carrying are required less than 5% of the time. Ability to travel to field sites may be required up to 15% of the time.
WORKING CONDITIONS WHILE PERFORMING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Over 90% of the time is spent indoors, with protection from weather conditions. Exposure to noise levels that may be distracting or uncomfortable is present in only unusual situations.
Intellis is an equal opportunity E-Verify employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please complete the short application (approx. 5 minutes) on our Intellis Career Portal: https://careers-intellisiq.icims.com/
Apply Online: https://careers-intellisiq.icims.com/
Posted: September 17, 2021 at 6:10 PM
Post ID: 63026