Find a Job
Associate Professor, Health Information & Medical Coding
Seminole State College of Florida
Location: Altamonte Springs, Florida
Work Setting: Educational Institution
Job Function: Educator
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $46,697 to $68,082
Seminole State College is seeking an Associate Professor, Health Information & Medical Coding with a personal and professional commitment to student learning. The successful candidate will join a dynamic, collaborative and diverse faculty educating highly motivated students. SSC is one of the state’s fastest growing colleges with six sites panning Seminole County, enrollment exceeding 30,000 and offering more than 200 degrees and programs, including six bachelor’s degrees. We are recognized for our expert faculty and staff’s unwavering commitment to student success. You’ll find the results of their dedicated work reflected in the growing reputation and achievements of the College.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.
This position is a regular full-time bargaining unit faculty position on track for continuing contract. The standard contract length is 196 days; however, other contract lengths may be available depending upon department needs and the assigned campus location may vary based on enrollment.
Faculty responsibilities will include:
• Teaching and supporting student learning
• Developing curriculum
• Supporting college policies, procedures, and inclusiveness
• Participating in department and college activities and committees
• Attending college wide meetings and trainings at various campuses and locations
1. Plans, organizes and teaches courses in the Health Information Management AS Degree Program, and Medical Information Coder/Biller Certificate Programs utilizing multiple teaching methodologies and strategies to help students achieve learning outcomes.
2. Keeps instruction specific knowledge current through use of professional growth opportunities, including but not limited to the Seminole State Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning.
3. Incorporates teaching strategies relevant to academic discipline that foster student learning, success and retention.
4. Engages students and supports student learning success in and beyond the classroom.
5. Acts as a program representative, and liaison with health care facilities, and community groups, and makes presentations on the program.
5. Works effectively, respectfully and productively with people from all cultural, racial, and ethnic backgrounds.
6. Maintains required office hours to provide assistance to students, both individually and in small groups. Counsels students in matters relating to academic progress.
7. Works with other faculty in support of curriculum improvement and program development as appropriate to promote students’ success and mastery of course and program competencies.
8. Participates in the annual program review process to evaluate and strengthen the Health Information AS Degree and Biller/Coder certificate programs.
8. Complies with College policies and procedures in accordance with required deadlines.
9. Participates in day, evening, and weekend program staffing as required. Assigned campus location may vary due to enrollment.
10. Participates in committee work as requested.
11. Contributes to a collegial and collaborative work environment.
12. Becomes actively involved with the diverse community that the College serves.
13. Works with other College departments to engage community partners that support the College Mission and Vision.
14. Performs other relevant responsibilities as requested. Tasks may include, but are not limited to, participating in discipline related student activities, providing accreditation and assessment data for annual reporting, and facilitating practicum experience opportunities for program students.
1. Option 1: Master’s degree in Health Information Management or closely related field and at least one AHIMA industry credential (ex. RHIA, CCS, etc.)
Option 2: Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate semester hours in Health Information Management or closely-related field (ex. Health Informatics, Health Management and Supervision, or Health Services Administration/Management) and at least one AHIMA industry credential (ex. RHIA, CCS, etc.)
Option 3: Master’s degree in a business or health-related field with 5 years of health information experience and at least one AHIMA industry credential (ex. RHIA, CCS, etc.)
2. Teaching experience and/or industry experience in field.
Demonstrated understanding of the learning centered approach to teaching desired.
In addition to a competitive salary Seminole State College offers an attractive total rewards package including: a variety of health insurance plan options, fully paid dental and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement for employees and qualified dependents, professional development opportunities great work-life balance including time off when the College is closed, paid holidays and sick leave. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage towards retirement, based on the employee’s selected plan.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Applicants must complete the entire online application and include work history even if attaching a resume.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (To ensure full consideration all of the following documents must be attached to the application prior to October 15, 2021):
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts showing the date of degree conferral; this applies to Seminole State College employees as well as external candidates (unofficial copies accepted).
- Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged.
Apply Online: https://www.seminolestate.edu/hr/jobs?id=104292
Posted: September 15, 2021 at 3:27 PM
Post ID: 62976