Find a Job
Coding Manager – Professional Coding
Lexington Medical Center
Location: Columbia and Surround Areas, South Carolina
Work Setting: Physician Office
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Coding Manager – Professional Coding
Department: Coding and CDI
Status: Full Time
Voted one of South Carolina’s “Best Places to Work” for 2019, the Lexington Medical Center Physician Network includes more than 450 physicians and advanced practice providers at 75 locations across the Midlands.
From general medicine and orthopedics to oncology and neurosurgery, these dedicated physicians, specialists and surgeons combine the highest quality care with advanced medicine and state-of-the-art technology to help patients achieve the best possible outcomes. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.
Manages the staff performing day-to-day coding functions and processes for Lexington Medical Center’s Physician Network Coding Department.
• Responsible for interviews and selection of coding personnel. Provides training, coaching, and direction to staff to achieve optimal performance in work area.
• Establishes and monitors productivity/quality standards to ensure compliance with coding rules and regulations. Completes staff performance reviews.
• Maintains policies and procedures for areas of responsibility. Assures that patient confidentiality is maintained at all times.
• Plans, monitors, and organizes the coding functions and processes to meet the department goals and ensure adherence to compliance guidelines and regulations.
• Acts as liaison with business office, physician offices, other departments, and leadership to identify and resolve billing and coding issues.
• Works closely with medical staff to assist in completing documentation to support coding guidelines.
• Works regularly, directly, and/or remotely with Protected Health Information which is restricted to specific persons to ensure patient confidentiality. Discretion and integrity are recognized requirements of the job.
• Effectively manages budgets and resources.
• Work as a team with LMC staff to determine organizational and patient care priorities and continuously works to improve processes.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills, including ability to train personnel and provide timely coding updates. Demonstrates appropriate communication of information to all ages and responds to customer/patient requests and needs.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Years of Experience: 3 Years of coding experience
Substitutable Education & Experience: A Bachelor’s Degree can be substituted for the one of the following combinations:
Associate’s Degree with 2 years of additional directly related work experience;
High School Diploma or Equivalent with 4 years of additional coding management/supervisory experience.
Required Certifications/Licensure: Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS or CCS-P).
Required Training: Working knowledge of current ICD Diagnosis;
Working knowledge of procedure coding, CPT, and HCPCS;
Knowledge of health information systems, database management, and coding compliance rules and regulations;
Ability to effectively present information to physicians, management groups, and interdisciplinary teams;
Extensive knowledge of federal/state healthcare laws, regulations, and standards as well as coding and reimbursement systems, risk management, and performance improvement;
Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented with the ability to work with professional and medical staff.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Health Information Management or related discipline
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
• Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
• Employees are eligible for enrollment into the 403(b) match plan day one. LHI matches dollar for dollar up to 6%.
• Employer paid life insurance – equal to 1x salary
• Employee may elect supplemental life insurance with low cost premiums up to 3x salary
• Adoption assistance
• LHI provides its full-time employees employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
• Tuition reimbursement
• Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee’s desires and abilities and the hospital’s needs.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please submit resume via email to email@example.com
Posted: September 10, 2021 at 11:07 AM
Post ID: 62884