Find a Job
Assistant HIM Director
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401k with match, PTO, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flex spending both medical and childcare, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program.
Wesley Medical Center is one of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high-quality medical services Wesley offers. It includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies – more than any hospital in a 13 state region. Founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church, Wesley has been an HCA facility since 1985. Wesley owns and operates Wesley Woodlawn Hospital.
Under the direction of the Facility HIM Director (FHIMD), the Assistant Facility HIM Director will assist the FHIMD with HIM operational planning, service level agreements, budgets, workflow processes, and internal controls. The Assistant HIM Director actively participates in the facility based unbilled management process and resolution of issues contributing to unbilled accounts. With assistance from the Regional HIM Director, the Assistant Director will provide FHIMD coverage when the FHIMD position is vacant.
In this role you will:
- Assist the FHIMD with leading and managing facility based HIM operations and staff including, but not limited to, record pick up and reconciliation, release of information request processing, hardcopy retrieval of medical records, processing of birth certificate/paternity, document imaging (prepping, scanning and indexing), physician chart completion and unbilled activities. At times may assist in performing these functions.
- Assist with the management of the hospital based HIM staff, including hiring, coaching, disciplining and counseling staff, and productivity and quality monitoring.
- Participates in communication and customer service efforts with HIM personnel, facility departments, facility department and unit leadership, facility leadership and medical staff.
- Assists with ensuring all applicable EHR and Computer Assisted Coding (e.g., HPF, MPF, Cerner, Epic, MEDITECH, 3M 360 Encompass) workflow queues (includes, but is not limited to, the Facility HIM Department Queue, all Coding Pend for Queues, Review Queues, Unknown Document Queue, Cancelled Accounts Queue and all Wait for Workflow Trigger Queues) are worked according to established workflow policies and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively with Medical Staff and Facility Leadership to comply with standards and guidelines enforced through the hospital’s Medical Staff Bylaws/Rules and Regulations (e.g., suspension of privileges) and assists with the facilitation and execution of physician notification processes regarding medical record documentation deficiency, delinquency and physician suspension.
- Provides, and/or assists the HIM staff in providing, EHR/CAC record completion and medical record viewing training and education to medical staff members and to other clinical and ancillary personnel.
- Secondary facility contact for external agencies requiring on‐site viewing of medical records.
- Proactively manages, including corresponding communications and escalation paths, significant issues in HIM operations (e.g., backlogs, turnover), status of projects, barriers and successes.
- In conjunction with the FHIMD, serves as a liaison between HIM, coding and/or abstraction and Facility Administration, Facility Department Leadership, and Medical Staff Leadership, building and maintaining strategic working relationships with the facility and department leadership (working through specific issues, committee meetings, monthly updates, etc.).
Associates degree required
RHIA or RHIT
• A minimum of one year of HIM department experience required, two or more years is strongly preferred
• A minimum of one year healthcare management experience is strongly preferred
Associates degree required, Bachelor degree preferred
Apply Online: https://internalcareers.hcahealthcare.com/jobs/7215390
Posted: September 2, 2021 at 10:14 AM
Post ID: 62745