Find a Job
Operations Supervisor; Quality Control Outpatient Coding
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: Coding Supervisor/Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Supervisor; Quality Control Outpatient Coding
Under the direction of the Outpatient Coding Manager and Senior Management, the Outpatient Coding Supervisor, is responsible for level two quality assurance oversight, review, and auditing management activities. Specifically, this position will have expert knowledge of the coding classification systems of ICD-9&10 CM, CPT, and HCPS. In this role, the individual has the responsibility to act in a Liaison capacity with our current partner to establish ongoing QA and training with the management of all daily production goals and quality.
EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE:
High school graduate or equivalent. Graduate of an approved coding program with current CPC or CCS Certification. Minimum of 4 years acute care or hospital-based outpatient coding experience required. Previous project supervisory experience preferred or demonstrated leadership ability highly required.
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE SKILLS:
- Strong management skills with the ability to prioritize work, support, and coach; and support management to improve processes to obtain desired outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of computers to perform daily work including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Outlook, and all other applications as necessary.
- Experience with EPIC HIM and / or 3M coding platforms preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated success in managing demanding situations.
- Ability to comply with organization policies and procedures
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the manager with coordination, tracking, and oversight of all QA.
- Functions as the secondary point of contact person for all correspondence with the client.
- Communicates and partners with the manager regarding issues in need of coordinated resolution.
- Responsible for outpatient coding of ER, SPU, Radiology Services and Observation (Hospital Based)
- Quality review of the medical record and accurately assigning diagnosis and procedure codes according to the ICD-9/10 and CPT coding classification systems, secondary review for quality control.
- Oversee the production and quality standards as established by our clients. Function as a mentor, trainer, and resource person for the team.
- Performs all responsibilities with the ability to adjust to multiple systems in a highly independent and proficient manner consistent with the goals and core values of the company.
- Follow all HIPAA related procedures and rules ensuring the maintenance of patients’ PHI (Protected Health Information).
- Attend meetings as requested to report all quality endeavors.
- Maintains coding credential certification by AAPC or AHIMA
- Other duties as needed and assigned by the management
- We work hard to make Acclara a wonderful place to work. Our people are our greatest assets, and we encourage employees to grow and develop, assuming greater responsibilities and leadership roles.
- Put the Patient First: The philosophy behind our approach is simple: drive revenue by putting the patient first. While our philosophy is simple, the key to our success is in the details.
- Hard Work, Diligence to Every Detail, and Passionate Service
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply Online: https://acclara.com/careers/
Posted: September 2, 2021 at 9:49 AM
Post ID: 62741