Find a Job
Director of HIM
Cozad Community Health System
Location: Cozad, Nebraska
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Director/Privacy Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $60,000-$85,000
Job Title: Health Information Management Manager
Department: Medical Records
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Status: Exempt; Full Time
Our Mission: Cozad Community Health System will provide quality healthcare services to all persons in our area in a financially responsible manner; to promote medical education and wellness consistent with the Hospital’s resources and the needs of the community; and to carry on all other healthcare activities deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors and as permitted by Nebraska State Law.
Plans, develops, and administers the Health Information system for the Cozad Community Hospital consistent with standards of accrediting regulatory agencies and requirements of the Cozad Community Hospital performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. Coordinates legal requests, processes third party denials, and other duties to provide adequate coverage for the department staff positions. Supervises and coordinates the activities related to transcription, release of information, reception, file room and document imaging functions of the Health Information Management Department to ensure that clinical information is transcribed, filed, scanned, maintained and released in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Cozad Community Health System.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This description intends to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervises all aspects of the Health Information Management departmental operations effectively and efficiently.
- Monitors workflow and departmental processes and works with other departments to provide resources and services.
- Ensures that each patient is reviewed as part of the utilization review program to safeguard against unnecessary and inappropriate medical care and to ensure medical necessity, quality of care, and appropriateness of place of service and length of stay.
- Reviews medical records for completeness, analyzes records before scanning complete charts.
- Assigns accurate codes to inpatient and outpatient records to assure optimal reimbursement to the facility.
- Recruits and develops a qualified and productive workforce.
- Maintains, develops, monitors, and reports budgets, expenses, variances, and strategic planning for the department.
- Follows all HIPAA guidelines and promotes and ensures patient safety.
- Fulfills mission statement by performing job duties with a high level of customer service while contributing to a positive and professional environment.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Manages employees in Health Information Management Department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, safety and evaluation of these teams. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Ability to examine documents for accuracy. Computer experience in a healthcare setting and medical terminology knowledge required.
AHIMA Coding Certification and Basic Life Support (CPR) required.
Two years of experience in medical records management preferred.
RHIT Certification preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an Associates Degree from a two-year college, combined with related experience. Two year of experience in medical records management preferred.
- Health and Dental Insurance – CCHS pays 85% of a single plan and 65% of a family plan – eligible to participate first day of the next month
- Cafeteria 125 Medical and Dependent – employee pays 100% – eligible to participate first day of the next month
- Vision Insurance – employee pays 100% – eligible to participate first day of the next month
- Long Term Disability Insurance – CCHS pays 100% – eligible to participate after 90 days of employment
- Life Insurance/AD&D Insurance – CCHS pays 100% for $20,000 coverage for employee – eligible to participate after 90 days of employment
- Additional Life Insurance for employee and dependents – employee pays 100% – eligible to participate after 90 days of employment
- Cozad Community Wellness Center Family Membership – CCHS pays 100% – eligible to participate after 90 days of employment
- Voluntary Pension – employee pays 100% – eligible to participate after 90 days of employment
- Mandatory Pension – employee contributes 3.5% of compensation and CCHS contributes 3.5% – mandatory participation after 1 year of employment
- Paid Holidays – New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – 15 days in a 12 month period
- Extended Sick Leave (ESL) – 2.8 hours accrued each pay period
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please visit our website and submit an application and attach a resume at www.cozadhealthcare.com.
Apply Online: http://www.cozadhealthcare.com
Posted: August 25, 2021 at 4:12 PM
Post ID: 62577