Find a Job
Children’s Hospital Colorado
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $22.75 – $34.00 / hr.
Here, it’s different. Come join us.
Children’s Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years.
Here, the nation’s brightest nurses, physicians, scientists, researchers, therapists and care providers are creating the future of child health. With an optimist’s outlook, a trailblazing spirit and a celebrated history, we’re making new strides every day.
We’ve been Magnet-designated four times by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and are consistently recognized among the nation’s top 10 pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
As a national leader in pediatric care, we serve children and families from all over the nation. Our System of Care includes four pediatric hospitals, 12 specialty care centers, 400+ outreach clinics and 7,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric care specialties.
We need your expertise.
A career at Children’s Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child. Here, it’s different. Do you have what it takes?
The Medical Coder performs mid-level coding expertise in the hospital’s health information management department. The coder assigns ICD (international classification of disease) codes and modifiers for diagnoses and procedures utilizing the hospital’s encoding software and appropriate procedural, terminology, and health related common procedure coding books.
• Performs mid-level medical coding and charging. Encompassing but not limited to ambulatory clinic, outpatient, observation, ambulatory, emergency department charging, emergency inpatient coding. Performs associate level coding as required.
• Analyses, researches, and corrects moderately complex data integrity issues. Abstracts and collects pertinent patient information housed in the hospital’s database. Assigns appropriate charges for emergency and urgent care.
• Contributes to coding compliance and departmental objectives by continuously developing coding abilities and performing duties in harmony with established professional coding standards.
• Assists entry level coders in identifying basic data integrity issues within the electronic medical records system and subsequently facilitates corrections.
• Utilizes coding software and coding reference books to perform day-to-day functions.
• Maintains accuracy for all coding and productivity standards. Adheres to standard ethical coding guidelines established by professional health information management associations.
EXPERIENCE – Three years of medical hospital coding and charging experience.
CERTIFICATION(S) – One of the following is required: Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); Certified Professional Coder (CPC); Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).
EDUCATION – High School Diploma or Equivalent
Hourly Salary Range: $22.75 to $34.00
As a Children’s Hospital Colorado team member, you will receive a competitive pay and benefits package designed to take care of your needs that includes base pay, incentives, paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, company provided life and disability insurance, 403b employer match (retirement savings), and a robust wellness program.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please apply directly through our website using the link below.
Apply Online: https://erecruit4.childrenscolorado.org/psc/erecruit/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=2&JobOpeningId=69212&PostingSeq=1
Posted: August 17, 2021 at 8:54 PM
Post ID: 62446