Find a Job
Program Coordinator – Health Information Management
Lane Community College
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Work Setting: Educational Institution
Job Function: Educator
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $54,970 – $76,796 per academic year (starting salary range)
- Beyond the required education and experience, instructors must have a passion for what they teach and have teaching styles that support student success. Instructors are responsible for following Division and College procedures in support of teaching and learning.
- The assigned location for this position is at the Lane Community College’s main campus located in Eugene, Oregon.
This position will coordinate and lead the Health Information Management (HIM) program, including organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development, and evaluating the general effectiveness of the program.
Work collaboratively with HIM faculty to facilitate HIM student learning and develop suitable course materials using computer technology in instruction and in new content development.
Work individually, as well as with other instructors, to develop and continually update course outlines, prepare assignments, and develop teaching methodologies.
Establish criteria, procedures, and instruments for assessing student performance and progress.
Evaluate and maintain accurate records of student progress, and provide appropriate and timely feedback to students regarding performance.
Contracted faculty are professional educators with the primary responsibility of working independently and with other faculty and providing a quality learning experience for all Lane Community College students in alignment with Lane’s Vision, Mission, and Values.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree.
- Current certification as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) OR a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Minimum three (3) years recent experience in the field of health information management. The applicant needs to bring a seasoned depth of knowledge in health information management practices and professional standards.
- Recent experience (within the past 2 years) & proficiency in MS Office suite, including but not limited to Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Education: Masters degree or higher in Health Information Management or related degree.
- Recent college teaching experience.
- Familiarity with using electronic health records.
- Experience in using online classroom platforms (Angel, Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle or Sakai) as classroom support and learning tool.
- Experience working with and teaching students of widely varying levels of proficiency and from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and learning styles.
- Three (3) years ICD9-CM/ICD-10 coding experience in an acute care facility within the previous five (5) year period
- Five (5) years of recent experience in CPT coding.
Salary is determined according to the faculty contract. All employees are compensated through electronic direct deposit.
The Faculty benefits package includes a generous contribution toward medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability and paid sick leave.
Apply Online: https://jobs.lanecc.edu/postings/10630
Posted: August 16, 2021 at 7:12 PM
Post ID: 62426