Find a Job
Remote – Inpatient Coder II (Sign-on bonus)
Mosaic Life Care
Location: Saint Joseph, Remote
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $22.31 – $32.35
The Inpatient Coder I is responsible for assigning ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes for inpatient and LTACH services. This assignment is based on evaluation of the documentation in the medical record and utilization of coding guidelines, Coding Clinic, anatomy and physiology. This position completes analysis and follow-up record reviews and is cross-trained to code at least one type of outpatient facility service.
- Codes complex diseases, procedures and diagnoses using the ICD-10-CM/PCS classification systems, , in accordance with Official Coding Guidelines, CMS guidelines, PPS guidelines and organizational compliance standards.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development by participating in workshops, conferences and/or in-services and maintains appropriate records of participation.
- Completes complex coding assignments for reimbursement, research and compliance with Federal and State regulations. Researches coding guidelines. Reviews and appeals coding denials.
- Educates/Communicates with providers, querying providers to ensure that optimal clinical documentation is provided to demonstrate the severity and details of the patient’s illness in the medical record.
- Coordinates/Communicates with departments including clinical departments, Quality Improvement, Care Management, Patient Financial Services to ensure accuracy and timeliness of coding.
- Ensures data accuracy by responding to coding edits received.
- Cross-trained and able to complete one type of outpatient facility coding in addition to inpatient coding. Example: Emergency Department, Observation, Referral.
- Mentors and assists with training coders.
- Completes analysis by utilizing reports, record reviews, etc.
- Demonstrates proficiency in anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology. Knowledge of PPS methodology for inpatient.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CCS – Certified Coding Specialist
- RHIA – Registered Health Information Administrator OR RHIT – Registered Health Information Technician
- Associate’s Degree – Health Information Management/Medical Records or Bachelor’s Degree – Health Information Management/Medical Records
- 3 years experience in coding in an acute care setting
- Must have coding education
Posted: August 10, 2021 at 10:34 AM
Post ID: 62302