Find a Job
IP Coder III- Remote
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Looking to take your Inpatient coding skills to the next level in your career? Come join CoxHealth’s Inpatient Coding Department as an experienced Remote Inpatient Coder! We are seeking full-time inpatient coders with experience coding for a level one trauma and teaching hospital. This position is the senior expert Inpatient DRG coder responsible for timely and accurate coding of the more complicated inpatient records and has been trained to code all Inpatient patient records.
The Inpatient Coder III position has expert knowledge on all coding guidelines and MS-DRG reimbursement. As an expert DRG Coder, this position will also act as a mentor to less experienced coders. The Inpatient Coder III is responsible for reviewing and analyzing documentation present in the medical record for Inpatient cases to assign ICD 10 CM diagnoses and ICD 10 PCS procedures based on the documentation in the medical record. The Inpatient Coder III has expert knowledge on all coding guidelines and MS-DRG reimbursement and Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association.
• Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Required: Completion of Coding Program
• Required: 5 years coding experience with a coding certificate (listed below)
• Must have the analytical ability to interpret data contained in medical records and assign appropriate codes for accurate reimbursement.
• Expert knowledge in ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS (Inpatient Coding) classification systems
• Expert knowledge of DRG reimbursement.
• Expert knowledge of POA and HAC assignments.
• Ability to work under high production standards and minimal supervision due to tenure in Inpatient coding.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and concepts effectively.
• Demonstrates competency with use of computers and various computer programs.
• Visual acuity necessary to read and decipher handwriting and electronic documentation.
• Required: AHIMA Approved Credential: RHIA, RHIT, or CCS (preferred) AND AAPC Approved Credential: CIC AND CoxHealth Internal Inpatient Coding Test score of 95% or greater to be hired.
Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Required: Completion of Coding Program
Full-Time flexible 40 hours work week. Fully remote position
Earned Time Off (ETO) starting day one
AHIMA/AAPC CEU opportunities
Access to a full-time education team
Flexible spending accounts
Life & disability insurance
Retirement with employer match
Opportunity to earn referral bonuses of up to $5,000 per hire for certain positions
Sign on bonus up to $5,000, based on experience
Relocation paid up to $3,000
Instructions for Resume Submission
Apply at CoxHealth.com/careers and search keyword “20207648” or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: July 16, 2021 at 12:37 PM
Post ID: 61900