Find a Job
Senior Internal Auditor
Mercy Cedar Rapids
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Auditor
Job Type: Full-Time
This position supports Mercy’s philosophy of patient centered care by performing individual internal audit projects and assisting Internal Audit management as part of the total internal audit plan.
Interacts with MSC’s managers, departments, and staff in a professional, positive, and constructive manner to facilitate good working relationships.
Prepares audit programs and demonstrates the ability to identify key areas and determine appropriate testing.
Performs the audit in a professional manner with an understanding of the need for clear communications with staff and management during the entire audit process.
Supervises staff assigned to the audit, reviewing their work for accuracy and making constructive recommendations on improving audit skills.
Monitors for regulatory and payer changes
Researches and works with legal and compliance in response to any regulatory or payer inquiries.
During the audit, responds to developments or findings by adjusting or extending testing as appropriate or as directed by the Manager of Internal Audit.
Develops effective and practical recommendations for audit findings.
Prepares work papers consistent with departmental policy and ensure they document and support all work performed and conclusions made.
Drafts audit reports, ensuring audit objectives are met, conclusions are documented and supported, and recommendations are clear, concise, and practical.
Performs follow-up procedures to determine whether recommendations have been implemented.
Audits medical records for compliance with applicable standards.
Participates in working groups with providers and cross-functional teams to discuss patient care documentation trends and improvement opportunities. Presents audit results to the Executive Team and Compliance/Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
– 4+ years of internal or external audit, coding audit or related experience required.
– Strong Evaluation and Management (E/M) coding knowledge.
– Auditing skills with an understanding of internal control design and effectiveness testing.
– Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
– Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
– General knowledge of typical software such as Microsoft Windows, Word, – Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
– Ability to develop and maintain a positive, professional relationship with staff and management at all levels.
-Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
– Knowledge of the risk assessment process as it pertains internal audits and the ability to provide technical advice to management in their risk assessment process.
– Experience in a healthcare setting.
– Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
– Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P)
– Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
– Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA)
– Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
– Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
– Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Apply Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/mercycare/#/job/6236
Posted: July 1, 2021 at 4:20 PM
Post ID: 61618