Find a Job
Director, Health Information Management Services
Hospital for Behavioral Medicine
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
Work Setting: Behavioral/Mental Health
Job Function: HIM Director/Privacy Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: 70-90
Come work in the east coast! Hiring for a Director of Health Information Management Services in the city of Worcester, MA. Worcester is close enough to Boston and the coast to enjoy the city and the beaches but far enough away to avoid all the traffic and the headaches that go with it.
The Director is responsible for directing the activities of the HIM Department in the management and maintenance of all patient medical records information, ensuring compliance with all state and federal laws, rules/regulations of licensing agencies and within Joint Commission standards for the quality of patient care.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Direct the HIM Department within all standards established by regulatory and licensing agencies
- Ensure the completion of all patient records
- Ensure all charts are timely coded. Monitor the coding of all discharged patient charts and abstract all pertinent information for reporting purposes.
- Monitor the accuracy and appropriate maintenance of all patient medical records
- Function as a liaison with other departments and respond to inter-departmental and external inquiries and questions.
- Serve as the hospital’s Privacy Officer
- Many other Director duties
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in information management/medical records preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years leadership experience in information management is required, with direct experience in a health care psychiatric facility preferred. Thorough knowledge of medical records coding and medical terminology required.
Licensure: Certification accreditation as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), as determined by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
Direct experience in a psychiatric hospital setting.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Find job and application process on the company’s website:
Posted: June 14, 2021 at 1:53 PM
Post ID: 61325