Find a Job
HIM Project Coordinator
Location: Hartford, Wisconsin
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Come join our award winning team! See What Is Possible….
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care innovation medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin’s only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma Center at Froedtert Hospital Milwaukee an internationally recognized training and research center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network which includes five hospitals more than 1700 physicians and nearly 40 health centers and clinics draws patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation.
Froedtert Health has been widely recognized for our dedication to our staff providing a work environment full of encouragement innovation collaboration and respect.
Our best-in-class wellness program has earned us recognition in the Milwaukee Business Journal as a Healthiest Employer and a Gold Well Workplace award from the Wellness Council of America.
We invite you to review the job posting below. If you meet the requirements and qualifications for this opportunity you are encouraged to apply.
Thank you for considering a career with Froedtert Health!
Location: US:WI:HARTFORD at our CP-HARTFORD HEALTH CENTER facility.
*1.0 FTE is Full-Time any position less than 1.0 FTE is Part-Time and .001 FTE is Optional Part-Time*
*Positions with an “FTE” (full time equivalency) of .8 – 1.0 are eligible for full-time medical dental and vision benefits. Positions with an “FTE” of .5 – .799 are eligible for part-time pro-rated medical dental and vision benefits*
Shift: 1st shift flexible 7 am to 5pm.
The Health Information Management (HIM) Project Coordinator has direct responsibility for implementation and optimization of HIM processes for Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin hospitals and clinics. The project coordinator is also responsible for managing and leading multiple projects related to standardization of corporate HIM processes across all locations. The Project Coordinator ensures adherence to quality standards and assures project deliverables are met as defined. Works with Compliance ROI vendor and requestors to ensure all documentation is released for focused reviews. Other duties as assigned.
A minimum of five years of progressive HIM/Project Coordination experience is required.
Associate degree or Bachelors degree in Health Information Management is required.
A Bachelor’s degree in HIM or related healthcare field is preferred.
Certified RHIA/RHIT; maintains active membership in the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA); must maintain current RHIA/RHIT licensure through compliance with AHIMA’s continuing education (CE) requirements.
Project Management certification is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of progressive HIM/Project Coordination experience is required.
- Associate degree or Bachelors degree in Health Information Management is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in HIM or related healthcare field is preferred.
- Certified RHIA/RHIT; maintains active membership in the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA); must maintain current RHIA/RHIT licensure through compliance with AHIMA’s continuing education (CE) requirements.
- Project Management certification is preferred.
- Prefer experience with Excel
- Possesses knowledge of clinical terminology.
- Acts as a positive and proactive team player.
- Demonstrates ability to function independently and to lead HIM projects.
- This position requires a high level of organization and excellent written/verbal communication skills
Posted: June 9, 2021 at 3:11 PM
Post ID: 61211