Find a Job
FQHC OTP professional coder
Location: Green Bay, Remote
Work Setting: Behavioral/Mental Health
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $37,500=$46,00
IndigenousPact is an innovative company that is currently working with FQHC’s. This position supports and assists the areas of Revenue Cycle Management and Health Information Management. We are responsible for the accurate medical coding of outpatient services, assigning required Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS), and International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM).
- Accounts for coding and abstracting of client encounters, including diagnostic and procedural information, significant reportable elements, and complications.
- Audits clinical documentation and coded data to validate that documentation supports services rendered for reimbursement and reporting purposes; identifies diagnostic and procedural information. Assigns codes for reimbursement, as necessary.
- Researches and analyzes data needs for reimbursement and compliance with regulatory requirements utilizing official CPT and/or HCPC coding and ICD-10-CM guidelines; as well as follows coding conventions.
- Analyzes medical records and identifies documentation deficiencies.
- Submits complaint queries and maintain documentation integrity. Charge corrections as necessary in compliance with coding guidelines and conventions. Ensures that the medical staff and facility comply with the federal rules, regulations and coding guidelines and conventions. Carries out internal monitoring and auditing for policy compliance.
- Handles special projects as requested.
- Certificate program in coding or associate degree in HIM or a certificate with 1-3 years of healthcare experience. (RHIT,CCA, CCS-P, CPC)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with computer systems, including electronic health record
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Microsoft Office, Electronic Medical Record, Excel, Word, Power Point experience.
- Professionalism, confidentiality, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates values such as fostering collaboration and providing a positive, motivating environment.
- Must possess excellent customer relations and communication skills.
- Must work well with limited supervision.
- Previous billing and claim resolution experience are not required but very useful.
- Demonstrated high competency in balancing multiple projects.
- This is a remote position; but must be willing to travel on a limited basis, as needed.
We offer medical, dental, PTO, 401K.
We are a company of top notch personnel. This is an opportunity to become part of a great group of people!
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, disability, or marital status.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please submit your information directly to HIM Manager, thank you
Posted: June 8, 2021 at 8:48 AM
Post ID: 61163