Find a Job
Release of Information Specialist
Location: Salem, Oregon
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Release of Information Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
RRS Medical is a fast-growing healthcare information technology company accelerating the transfer of protected health information to fulfill our mission, which is to improve patients access to their healthcare data and help patients live better lives. The company is headquartered in Media, PA, with an office in Swansea, IL and services clients nationwide.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an open Release of Information Specialist position reporting to either our Media, PA or Swansea, IL office. The ideal candidate will be motivated, detail-oriented and a problem solver with excellent written and oral communication skills. Our company seeks those that are kind, encouraging, and gritty as to align with the core values and mission of RRS Medical.
Candidates should be willing and able to work independently. This position will work directly with Medical Personnel to ensure all medical requests are handled in a timely and compliant manner. Ensuring a pleasant patient experience while accessing medical information will be vital. Position entails the full life cycle of Medical Record Release of Information Process.
This position will start off remotely with the intention to be in the office a few days a week at some point in the future.
· Collection of requested medical records from multiple EMR systems
· Daily reporting and logging of assigned work
· Assisting patients and authorized individuals with assessing Protected Health Information (PHI)
· Providing customer support to clients, patients and requesters
· Educating requesters on the Release of Information process
· Receive and complete incoming requests for information and respond in a timely manner
· Validate requests and authorizations for release of medical information
· Consistently audit data entry to ensure all information is correctly entered and documented
· Demonstrate helpful and effective telephone etiquette
· Maintain working knowledge of the current laws
· Maintain regular attendance and punctuality as scheduled
· Work within scope of position and direction; willingly accepts assignments
· Maintain confidentiality, information security and ethical behavior
· Accept new assignments willingly to meet business needs
· General Windows experience
· Customer service and phone skills
· Ability to communicate and work both within a team and individually
· Ability to utilize Microsoft Office & E-mail
· Data entry
· Ability to use document scanners
· Ability to use Adobe Acrobat
· Medical Office, HIPAA or Insurance industry experience
· EMR systems (EPIC, Centricity, eClinical Works, NextGen, SRS, Athena) experience
· One year of experience working with HIPAA, EMR, Release of Information and Medical Office Procedures
· RHIA, RHIT, CCA, CCS-P, CHPS, CHTS, CHPA, CHPE, CHSE, CHPSE are preferred but not required
· Education: High School or equivalent
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please email your resume to Camryn Williams: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Posted: June 4, 2021 at 11:34 PM
Post ID: 61124