Find a Job
Continuing Tenure Track Faculty – Health Information Management
Prince George’s Community College
Location: Largo, Maryland
Work Setting: Educational Institution, Other
Job Function: Educator, HIM Specialist, Other
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with experience and education
The following criteria will be used to review the applications of those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and to select those who will be invited for an interview. Candidates for teaching positions who are invited for an interview will be asked to demonstrate their teaching effectiveness in a simulated classroom, laboratory, or other relevant pedagogical situation, the conditions of which will be determined in advance and shared with all candidates prior to the interview. In addition to the criteria listed below, other information gained from, and observations made during, the interview process, including the review committee’s assessment of a simulated teaching performance, may be considered in selecting candidates to be recommended for appointment.
1. Extent and relevance of undergraduate/graduate educational preparation to anticipated teaching assignments.
2. Extent and relevance of teaching experience to anticipated teaching assignments (in-person, online, hybrid, remote) to include use of standard learning management systems (e.g. Blackboard).
3. Extent and relevance of non-teaching professional experience to anticipated teaching assignments for both classroom and within clinical settings.
4. Evidence of quality teaching, including faculty evaluation scores and rating, teaching awards earned, courses designed, developed, and/or revised, etc.
5. Evidence of knowledge of and experience in employing instructional methods and techniques appropriate to difference student learning styles.
6. Evidence of currency in professional discipline through continuing education, professional development, and/or scholarly activity.
7. Evidence of ability to teach effectively within, and contribute positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student population and campus environment.
8. Extent of pertinent work experience in Health Information Management, to include management experience, quality improvement procedures, technology, and health information operations.
9. Extent of familiarity with philosophy and goals of a comprehensive community college.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management or Informatics or a related medical field, Masters preferred
2. Current credential recognized by American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) such as Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or Certified Health Data Analyst (CHDA); Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) and/or Certified Coding Specialist, Physician Based (CCS-P), C is also preferred.
3. Three years’ work experience with technology common in medical/clinical practice and teaching; an equivalent combination of teaching and work experience may be considered.
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management or Informatics or a related medical field, Masters preferred.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Apply Online: https://pgcc.peopleadmin.com/hr/postings/8989
Posted: June 4, 2021 at 4:05 PM
Post ID: 61120