Find a Job
HIM Senior Analyst (Inpatient)
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder, Coding – QA, Coding – Auditor
Job Type: Full-Time
Prisma Health, a not-for-profit health company, is committed to excellence in patient care, clinical research and teaching the next generation of medical professionals. Our organization – South Carolina’s largest private employer – was formed when Greenville Health System and Palmetto Health joined together in late 2017, officially becoming Prisma Health in January 2019. With 32,000 team members (including volunteers), 18 hospitals and over 300 physician practice sites, we serve more than 1.2 million patients annually – about a quarter of the state’s population. Our goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care. Our cardiovascular, neuroscience, OB/GYN, oncology and orthopedic programs attract patients throughout the region. Also noteworthy are our two renowned children’s hospitals, comprehensive diabetes care and extensive primary care network. Ultimately, we are dedicated to transforming the health care experience for our patients and families, our team members and guests by bringing our purpose to life: Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Must be knowledgeable of, and compliant with, Prisma Health’s values of compassion, dignity, excellence, integrity and teamwork. In addition, this expert level inpatient senior coding analyst is responsible for leading coding teams, coder training, work que management, performing second-level coding reviews utilizing auditing software and documents findings to improve MCC/CC, HAC/PSI, HCC and Quality Indicator validation. Performs Inpatient coding by assigning ICD-CM and ICD-PCS codes as well as DRG assignment.
- Associate’s degree or Coding Certificate through approved American Health Information Management (AHIMA) or other coding certification program.
- 4 years – Four (4) years of experience in in-patient coding and abstracting with healthcare billing process experience in acute care setting. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
Required Certifications, Registrations, Licenses
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or other approved coding credential.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience with electronic medical records and 3M or other Encoder system. – Preferred
- Strong knowledge of ICD-10.
- Knowledge of Clinical Documentation Improvement principles, quality indicators, formal and informal coding audit process.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and manage multiple demands consistently.
- Basic computer skills including spreadsheets and database.
Instructions for Resume Submission
To apply, please visit our website:
Posted: May 28, 2021 at 1:41 PM
Post ID: 61008