Find a Job
Location: Centennial, Colorado
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Director/Privacy Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $54.11/hour-$76.43/hour
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
The Coding Director position is responsible for the development and evolution of the overall strategy of the Coding Service Center to include, but not limited to, coding processes, policies and procedures and guidance documents, education and training, performance, coding quality, productivity and auditing across the system. Facilitates and promotes standardization of coding operations across the sytem. Initiaties, influences, directs, and oversees the coding activities of the Coding Service Center to include personnel management, budget, labor productivity, education and training, auditing, report management and ensuring alignment with corporate/service center and hospital and financial goals and initiates performance improvement activities. Serves as a consultant on coding issues to include documentation, coding and abstracting, charge capture, revenue cycle and external audits (i.e. RACs, PEPPER, ZPIC, etc), and actively supports and services the needs of the facilities where coding expertise is needed and initiates performance improvement activities. Acts as a liaison between the facilities and Coding Service Center. Monitors coding quality, productivity and DNFB performance to ensure alignment and support of corporate/service center and facility financial goals as well as compoliance in coding and billing practices with regulatory requirements. Collaborates with HIM, case management, charge audit, medical staff, nursing and other facility management to support and meet the needs of the facilites where coding expertise is needed and to improve the quality of physician documentation within the body of the medical record to support severity of illness and code assignments.
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
Minimum Experience Requirements
- At least 5 years coding experience in an acute care setting in data quality management to include auditing, coding, charging, reimbursement and documentation, requires multi-hospital experience and supervisory experience.
- Experience with the electronic health record (EHR), health information systems and health care applications required.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, interpersonal, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and experience in process improvement training tools.
- Current AHIMA credentials (i.e RHIA, RHIT, CCS) or AAPC credential (CPC) required and maintained.
- Prefer ICD-10 trainer certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Caring for Your Whole Well Being
– 401K, which includes matching when eligible
– Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
– Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
– Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
– Daycare & Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
– Leaves of Absence
– Short Term Disability
– Long Term Disability
– Life Insurance
– Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
– Paid Time Off
– Spouse & Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
– Shift Differentials
– Employee Wellness Resources
– Employee Assistance Programs
– Tuition Reimbursement
– Shift differentials
– Relocation assistance based on location
– Associate Discounts for phone, cell phone plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more…
Posted: April 28, 2021 at 2:11 PM
Post ID: 60420