Find a Job
Ochsner LSU Health
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coding Supervisor/Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Ochsner LSU Health
We’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Partnering with the LSU School of Medicine, our goal is to provide high-quality patient care within a setting that advances medical science through research and educates the next generation of leaders in healthcare. We are committed to providing opportunities for our staff that develop and grow careers in a compassionate team-oriented environment focused on patients first.
At Ochsner LSU Health System of North Louisiana, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner LSU Health System of North Louisiana and discover your future today!
This job manages the documentation excellence program for designated service lines comprised of multiple functional areas including hospital and professional coding, hospital and professional center for diagnostic imaging (CDI), and documentation quality to meet system goals. Plans and organizes operational functions including staffing and staff development, data collection and analysis, purchasing, financial objectives, performance objectives, strategic results, budgeting and regulatory compliance. Works closely with the various departmental management teams on committees and projects.
- 5 years of experience in healthcare management or related field. Additional degrees, business training experience and/or certifications may be combined to meet minimum qualifications.
- Current Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
- Current Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (CDIS), Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in health information management or related field.
- Current registered nurse license in the state of practice.
- Associates degree in health information management or related field. Additional degrees, business training experience and/or certifications may be combined to meet minimum qualifications.
Ochsner LSU Health provides many benefits at no cost to the employee and pays a portion toward other benefits. Regular full-time and regular part-time employees are eligible to participate in Ochsner benefit plans. Employees are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following their hire date, provided the employee is in an active payroll status. Benefits are focused on the health and wellness, financial well-being, and work-life balance of our employees.
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)/Work-life Program
- Pathway to Wellness Program
- Employer-paid term life insurance & Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Tuition assistance
- Employee referral program
- General-purpose time off from work
- Paid holidays
- Short-term and long-term disability
Instructions for Resume Submission
To view the full job description and submit an on-line application please visit Ochsner LSU Health Career opportunities at:
Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Apply Online: https://ochsner.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/OchsnerLSUHealthSystemNL/job/Shreveport—-North-Louisiana-Region—Louisiana/Manager-of-Documentation-Excellence—Health-Information-Management_REQ_00083071
Posted: April 5, 2021 at 5:54 PM
Post ID: 59925