Find a Job
Remote Inpatient Coder
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: 0.00
e4 is a Healthcare Consulting firm based in Philadelphia established in 2006. We currently have a growing staff that represent us at healthcare organizations across the US with a large presence in the mid-atlantic region. We provide healthcare IT and operational support. Our services include project management and SME support for system implementations and conversions, including Clinical, HIM, CDI, Coding, IT and Rev Cycle.
Job Description/Responsibilities: Experienced Inpatient Coder with Trauma I, transplant, and academic experience. They utilize industry coding guidelines along with specialized medical classification software to assign procedure and diagnosis codes for insurance billing.
Inpatient Coding Consultant Qualifications
- Trauma I experience
- Academic experience
- Transplant experience
- AHIMA credentialed – CCS and/or RHIT/RHIA required.
- Minimum of two years of inpatient (acute care) coding experience with majority of experience falling in the last 12 months.
- Experience with large trauma/academic facility experience is preferred.
- Satisfactory completion of e4 ICD-10-CM and PCS test – 85 or above on both CM and PCS.
- Demonstration of successful completion of ICD-10-CM and PCS coursework with experience production coding of hospital inpatient in ICD-10-CM and PCS.
- Solid knowledge of hospital documentation, and coding workflows and terminology; Solid understanding of MS-DRGs and APR-DRGs; Solid understanding of and ability to apply Coding Clinic and other coding guidelines.
- Computer Assisted Coding (CAC) experience desired but not required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with remote EHR access and encoder preferred; Technical skill set sufficient to sustain independent remote working environment, including PC troubleshooting, program installation.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Learns quickly and adapt to change.
e4 Services policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. e4 Services is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with e4 Services must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
CCS or other coding certification
Posted: April 5, 2021 at 4:13 PM
Post ID: 59923