Find a Job
Coding & Financial Services Educator
Jamestown Regional Medical Center
Location: Jamestown, North Dakota
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Educator
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: Negotiable
To provide financial education to JRMC staff in collaboration with coding, Revenue Cycle and Compliance leadership. Facilitates the learning process of coding and documentation education for coders and clinicians. Responsible for identifying educational/learning needs, planning and implementing classes/educational programs and evaluating success of educational offerings. Defines instructional, learning or performance objectives. Determines best practice educational strategies and executes these strategies by designing and maintaining training programs and material.
DAILY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Daily will assist revenue cycle team with charge entry and billing workques.
- Will assist with denial of claims and management.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONS
- Will provide the revenue cycle team and JRMC leadership with coding updates and changes. Presents coding and documentation education, which may include in-person classes and virtual offerings, for initial training and continuing education purposes to both coders and clinicians. Supports the development of coding educational presentations, tools and documents.
- Will monitor completion of annual discrimination/diversity training for JRMC providers.
- Will assist coding department with obtained appropriate authorizations on services at JRMC.
- Will monitor medical insurance and policy updates. Will educate the facility on these continuous changes.
- Identifies, trends and reports coder educational needs to ensure appropriate coding and documentation educational opportunities are met. Collaborates with Professional Coding department leadership and applicable team members to enhance coding educational programs by identifying, developing and providing one-on-one, follow-up and refresher sessions.
- Stays current with trends in adult learning concepts and applies those concepts to education and training. Maintains education/training schedules.
- Develops and maintains coding education programs for providers, departmental managers and revenue cycle team. Assigns lessons appropriately to team members, reports results, tracks progress and identifies need for further education. Continually evaluates the success of educational offerings, training programs and modifies as appropriate. Defines new and existing educational needs. Presents and makes recommendations regarding course content, technology, and appropriate instructional delivery options.
- Creates educational programs with the established objectives. Supports e-learning development and other technology-based learning initiatives. Ensures that all educational programs have defined learning objectives, accurate and complete content, and are documented according to standards.
- Completes all research, writing and instructions associated with each educational program, including learner manuals for all educational opportunities at JRMC.
Requires associate degree and five or more years of coding experience. Required to hold a coding certificate, CCA, RHIT or higher issued certificatee from AHIMA. Strong knowledge of ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPS coding guidelines and medical terminology.
Five or more years of coding and/or medical billing experience depending on ducation which demonstrates progressiverly more responsible required; three months on the job training.
Background check is required.
Apply Online: http://jrmcnd.com
Posted: April 1, 2021 at 11:47 AM
Post ID: 59850