Find a Job
Work Setting: Consultant/Vendor, Hospital
Job Function: Cancer Registrar, Tumor Registrar
Job Type: Full-Time
The Registry Abstractor performs required data collection for state, national and federal agencies regarding cancer and other reportable diseases.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain all Service Level Agreements outlined in the current scope of project assignment.
• Consistently meet and achieve abstracting accuracy rate of 95%.
• Consistently meet established productivity benchmarks for case accession year.
• Work with Clinical Registry Technician in modified abstracting workflow, when applicable.
• Complete weekly productivity in centralized productivity tool at end of workweek.
• Participate in new hire and annual Quality reviews, onsite or remote.
• Participate in monthly conference calls and meetings, which may include presenting education topics and trends in Oncology.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with project colleagues, member of medical staff and facility’s leadership as specified for each project assigned.
• Interface with various departments to ensure that cancer-related information is available for the Cancer Registry.
• Submit data as required to the State Central Registry and National Cancer Data Base, if requested by manager.
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
• Maintain certification and NCRA membership, as well as appropriate state association memberships
• Remote Registry Abstractors must have high speed internet access and experience with remote access, set-up, and troubleshooting of technical issues.
• Supports nThrive’s Compliance Program by adhering to policies and procedures pertaining to HIPAA, FDCPA, FCRA, and other laws applicable to nThrive’s business practices. This includes: becoming familiar with nThrive’s Code of Ethics, attending training as required, notifying management or nThrive’s Helpline when there is a compliance concern or incident, HIPAA-compliant handling of patient information, and demonstrable awareness of confidentiality obligations.
• Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) and active membership in the national and/or local cancer registrar association.
• Minimum of 2 years current abstracting experience.
• Extensive experience with FORDS/STORES and AJCC Staging is required. Working knowledge of 2018 data collection requirements from all standard setters.
• Knowledge of specific State-reporting requirements preferred.
• Proficient with various cancer registry software systems – i.e. Metriq, ERS, Oncolog, cNext, Rocky Mountain.
• Proficient with various electronic medical record systems – i.e. Epic, Cerner, Meditech, McKesson
• Recent abstracting experience of cases with an average of 1.5 cases per hour productivity and 95% accuracy rate.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of settings including with colleagues, medical staff and other departments within the facility.
• Knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to use various e-mail and Internet applications.
• College degree or degree in allied health field preferred; course in Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology required.
• Must display excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills with all levels of internal and external customers
Posted: March 24, 2021 at 3:58 PM
Post ID: 59662