Find a Job
Experienced Medical Billing / Posting / Coding
Firehouse Diabetes and Endocrine Center
Location: Salem, Oregon
Work Setting: Physician Office
Job Function: Coder, Reimbursement/ Billing Specialist, Other
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: From $21.00 per hour
Experienced Medical Billing / Posting / Coding for small 3 Provider Endocrine Clinic in Central Salem Oregon.
Full Time or Part Time (anticipated minimum 28 hours per week)
All patients and staff are required to observe Social Distancing, Masks, Sanitation, and we are following OSHA requirements. All current staff have been fully vaccinated.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include management of insurance A/R, paper and electronic claim submission, contacting insurance payors, filing appeals, timely resolving denials, and reviewing reports to identify and troubleshoot issues with accounts
- Prepare, review, and transmit claims using billing software to include electronic and paper claim processing both primary claims and secondary claims.
- Research, compile necessary documentation and complete appeal process for denied claims, via phone/email with payers, facilitating correct claims if necessary.
- Follow up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe
- Apply insurance and patient payments to Practice Management system, utilizing ERAs and manual application.
- Reconcile payments applied to system to cash received
- Answer patient estimate of benefit or statement telephone inquiries verifying insurance and benefits within the practice management system
- Performs necessary collection procedures of delinquent accounts.
- Checks benefits/eligibility
Includes brief Front Desk relief on a daily basis (scheduling follow up appointments and check out of patients at the end of the morning shift)
2-3 years medical Billing and Payment Posting using Electronic Practice Management Software (NextGen preferred)
Excellent organizational and time management skills with proficiency in computers (Word and Excel)
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in billing software, medical insurance regulations, an expert at responding to patient and insurance inquiries & be up to date and follow all regulations and guidelines set by Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial Insurance companies. Candidate must also be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills as communicating with patients and insurance reps will form a large part of the job. A thoroughly understanding of ICD 10 & CPT/HCPCS coding is a must.
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
The minimum requirement is estimated to be 26-28 hours weekly for part time and 32-40 hours for a full time position.
Full time benefits include vacation, health insurance, and participation in the company 401K Plan.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please send resume to:
Joseph P. Dove
Firehouse Diabetes and Endocrine Center / Rodney D. Michaels MD FACP
1585 Liberty St SE
Salem OR 97302
Office 503.589.0565 ext 105 (new extension)
Posted: March 23, 2021 at 11:30 PM
Post ID: 59634