Find a Job
HIM Operation Manager
CalvertHealth Medical Center
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: TBD
CalvertHealth, a community hospital located in southern Maryland, is seeking an innovative, process-driven individual for its Manager of Health Information Operations position. If you are interested in this operational leadership position, please apply online at https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/cmh/#/job/4733 or through CalvertHealth’s career portal at http://www.calverthealthmedicine.org
What We Offer:
- Stability: CalvertHealth was established over 100 years ago and remains an independent non-profit community hospital committed to providing safe and quality patient care.
- Professional Enrichment: We invest in our employees with an above average educational assistance program and certification pay. We also offer competitive compensation and benefits.
- Life-changing Work: Recognized and rated as one of the top Health Systems in the State of Maryland based on quality and safety metrics.
- Growth: Completed a private room expansion costing nearly $50 million dollars and provides 81 private patient rooms. Recently kicked-off $5 million renovation project to Behavioral Health Unit. When complete, CalvertHealth will be home to the largest mental health facility in Southern MD.
- Culture: Engaged and competent teams with professional leadership in a community environment.
- Location: Located in Prince Frederick Maryland, CalvertHealth is in a bayside community which offers the best of rural living with easy access to urban resources. Surround by water, Calvert County offers the tranquility of the Chesapeake Bay while at the same time is within 40 minutes of Washington, DC.
What you Will Do:
- Provide operational leadership to Health Information Management (HIM) staff by promoting innovation, process improvements, staff development, and a just culture.
- Participate in and oversee compliance and revenue cycle activities in accordance with Joint Commission standards, and federal and state laws.
- Perform data analysis to identify trends and opportunities for improvements.
- Keep abreast of state and federal legislative actions affecting the HIM function and suggest and implement necessary changes.
- Oversee the timeliness and integrity of record functions (e.g. assembly and analysis, release of information, incomplete records, permanent files) to ensure favorable hospital accounts receivable status.
- Ensure processing of all chart requests for external reviewers, third party payers, and auditors.
- Serve as a liaison with information services, medical staff, nursing, allied health departments, and state and federal agencies.
- Monitor staff productivity, work quality and conducts follow-up in assigned units.
- Associates degree or higher and RHIT or RHIA.
- Minimum three (3) years managing HIM operations and digital workflows.
- Demonstrated understanding of the EHR environment and impact of governmental requirements that mandate electronic health information data exchange, remote patient access to records, and electronic release of information.
CCS, CPC, or CHPS, preferred.
Associates degree or higher and RHIT or RHIA. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Apply Online: http://www.calverthealthmedicine.org
Posted: March 19, 2021 at 12:05 PM
Post ID: 59565