Find a Job
Medical Coding Specialist
Location: Janesville, Illinois
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Reimbursement/ Billing Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
Mercyhealth is a non-profit regional health care organization with more than 8,000 employee partners, 5 major hospitals, and 80 facilities and clinics throughout the Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin region. We are committed to being a top integrated health care provider and continuously work to make life better for the people, families and communities we serve.
Our partners serve with compassion, dedication, pride and professionalism. Our culture focuses on employee engagement, empowerment and growth, working together as a team to achieve one common goal: our mission of providing exceptional health care services, resulting in healing in the broadest sense and a best-in-class place to work for our partners.
We place great importance on providing our partners the tools, resources, facilities, and support to create lifelong career opportunities with an emphasis on a rewarding work-life balance. We achieve this by offering partners:
• Competitive compensation and benefits
• Tuition and certification reimbursement
• Generous PTO accruals
• Advancement opportunities
• Partner recognition days and achievement awards
• Local/regional discounts and incentives
We’re seeking a full-time Medical Coding Specialist at our Rockford, IL location to join our dynamic team of collaborative partners.
• Location: Javon Bea Hospital – Rockton Avenue Campus
• Reviews, analyzes, and interprets provider documentation with regards to procedure and diagnosis code selection.
• Performs audits of provider coding and documentation to make recommendations for improvements
• Reviews hospital, clinical, and surgical documentation and the assigned diagnosis and procedure codes, releasing charges within the Epic system
• Has a thorough understanding of the differences between professional coding in a clinic setting as compared to professional coding in a hospital setting (outpatient and inpatient),
• Maintains an in-depth knowledge of Epic ambulatory and hospital modules.
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Two years of experience coding professional services in multiple specialties
• Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or other equivalent coding certification required
Instructions for Resume Submission
At Mercyhealth, we serve with a passion for making lives better, and we truly believe our accomplished staff is second to none in this mission. We hope you’ll consider becoming part of the Mercyhealth family.
Posted: February 25, 2021 at 1:08 PM
Post ID: 58835