Find a Job
Cancer Registrar – Work from Home
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: Cancer Registrar
Job Type: Full-Time
Xtend Healthcare, a Navient company, is nationally recognized as the industry-leading provider of comprehensive revenue cycle solutions to hospitals and health systems. Sustaining healthcare revenue cycle improvement is our exclusive focus with experience in all 50 states and more than 30 years of dedicated health revenue cycle experience. We are committed to delivering solutions built around the broad revenue cycle needs of our clients.
Xtend Healthcare focuses on both clinical and financial interoperability to maximize collection of net revenue. Xtend Healthcare provides an array of solutions for our customers including full and partial revenue cycle outsourcing, third-party insurance follow-up, self-pay, coding, CDI, and consulting services.
THIS POSITION IS REMOTE – WORK FROM HOME.
Xtend Healthcare is looking for a Cancer Registrar. This position will Identifies, collects and maintains timely, accurate and complete information about cancer diagnosed and/or treated within the organization. Disseminates information in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations, facility policy and professional ethics. Identifies cancer cases by referencing primary and secondary sources of information, including the facility’s diagnostic index and copies of pathology reports generated by the facility’s pathology department. Abstracts cancer registry data, including patient demographics, diagnostic procedures, history and extent of disease, therapeutic procedures and treatment, physician, diagnosis, and related information from medical records. Codes topography, morphology, and other information relevant to registered tumor patients.
Enters cancer registry information into the database according to established procedures. Obtains from physicians or patients follow-up cancer information such as treatments and length of survival. Assists clinicians, epidemiologists and other researchers in cancer related studies and research, providing guidance in the use of the tumor registry data system. Prepares routine and special statistical reports, narratives and graphic representations. Distributes as appropriate. Preserves the privacy and security of patient health information, adhering to federal and state laws and regulations, facility policy and the National Cancer Registrar Association’s Code of Ethics.
1. Project Work
- Abstracts cancer registry data, including patient demographics, diagnostic procedures, history and extent of disease, therapeutic procedures and treatment, physician, diagnosis, and related information from medical records.
- Abstract cancer registry data including.
- Reports created through the utilization of documented procedures to compile data.
2. Record Keeping
- Completion of cancer registry information into the database.
- Obtains from physicians or patients follow-up cancer information such as treatments and length of survival.
- Identifies trends and reports to Director Health Information Management.
- Identifies daily work queues.
- Identifies potential issues or errors.
4. Customer Service
- Client liaison to communicate account inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (additional equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of education)
- 4 years of work-related experience (additional equivalent education above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of experience)
- Graduate of cancer registry management or health information management program. CTR or eligible. RHIA or RHIT with two years of cancer registry experience may be substituted for the CTR qualification.
- Ability to operate computer. Familiar with Meditech Magic, Meditech Client Server, Nextgen, Patient Keeper, and MIDAS
- PC Skills, Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree
- RHIT, RHIA preferred and or eligible
- Aspiring healthcare data analysts preferred and or eligible to obtaining the Certified Health Data Analyst (CHDA) credential from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Understanding of the healthcare business.
- Experience with Windows-based applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, etc) or other collaborative tools.
- Proven ability to learn and understand relational database theory, concepts ad application/reporting tools.
- Knowledge of reporting tools (e.g. Crystal, Access, SQL, Tableau, SAS, QlikView) used to fill data/information requests.
- Ability to interpret data
- Aptitude and interest in working with problems, systems, and processes
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and exceptional customer service
- Ability to comfortably interact with individuals/groups at various organizational levels
- Strong collaboration, communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently, or within a team environment
- Ability to effectively establish priorities and meet deadlines when receiving work from more than one person
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and complete them on time and prioritize work.
- Advanced skill in the principles of data management including logical and physical data modeling, relational database design, and design and development of System-wide metadat
- Ability to learn new applications/software systems effectively and efficiently
- Ability to take a problem, requirement, or strategy; research solutions and take from concept to implementation for desired outcomes
- Familiarity with various types of sources of health care information, including coding & billing, reimbursement, Midas, Nextgen, Patient Keeper, TJC data files
- Strong knowledge in the development of Business Intelligence (BI) and Reporting solutions
- Solid understanding of data warehouse methodology, Dimensional modeling, in data analysis, including preparing reports, and data presentation
- Perform other duties, tasks, or special assignments as needed
Bachelor’s degree in related field (additional equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of education)
***Xtend offers competitive benefits including; Medical/Dental/Vision, Generous Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays/Monthly Bonus Eligibility/Tuition Reimbursement/401k plan plus Employer Match/Professional Development***
Posted: February 15, 2021 at 1:24 PM
Post ID: 58505