Find a Job
Privacy Compliance Educator – Faculty Practice Plan – 50409
Washington University School of Medicine
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Work Setting: Educational Institution
Job Function: Educator
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $64,854 – $84,364 annually
The position is responsible for the development and implementation of a compliance education program which fosters privacy awareness and compliance with applicable regulations, standards and policies. Position also facilitates privacy incident reporting and investigation and assists in the prevention of breaches.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees, develops and delivers initial and ongoing privacy education and training to the workforce. Facilitates and promotes activities to foster privacy awareness and compliance.
- Provides compliance advice and guidance to all departments on privacy matters to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, standards and policies.
- Manages privacy incident reporting, response, mitigation and investigation processes; prevents breaches of protected health information.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure compliance with HIPAA privacy and breach notification rules; communicates changes and proposes new or revised policies and procedures as necessary.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws and monitors advancements in privacy risk mitigation strategies.
- Conducts privacy risk assessments and ongoing compliance monitoring.
- Develops, recommends and maintains appropriate HIPAA-compliant consents, authorization forms, privacy notices and other materials consistent with current regulatory requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Normal office environment with occasional travel across metro St. Louis region. May require early or late meetings.
- A Bachelor’s degree in health information, nursing, or healthcare related field with relevant work experience in health information management/HIPAA in a healthcare environment.
- Certification from HCCA or AHIMA within 12 months of hire.
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience.
- Previous experience in an academic medical setting and the Epic medical record system.
- Certification from HCCA and/or AHIMA; Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC), Certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC) or Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS).
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills, strong analytical, organizational, research and collaborative problem-solving skills; superior sense of judgment, confidentiality and discretion.
- Current knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws.
A Bachelor’s degree in health information, nursing, or healthcare related field with relevant work experience in health information
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Apply to job ID 50409 on our university website:
Apply Online: https://jobs.wustl.edu
Posted: February 9, 2021 at 5:21 PM
Post ID: 58358